Chapter Twelve

The luxury RV had some high-end facilities even a regular house wouldn’t have like a hot tub and a home theatre system and the five hour trip didn’t feel cramped or boring at all.

I finally met Seth’s two other friends, Chris, whose bright red hair matched his feisty personality, and Franco whose dark, Hispanic look only added to his quiet, mysterious appeal. 

Chris’s current lady love is Anna Kolsenberg who is a German, up and coming lingerie model who is also taking up Fashion Merchandising at Cox. Franco has been in a long-term relationship with Clarissa Leblanc, an artsy type with a short, dark blond bob and ice blue eyes. 

None of them warmed up much to me as Vivi had warned and I could feel them observing me while we were in the RV but I managed to keep my mouth shut and enjoy the rest of what were surprisingly meaningful conversations that I had with everyone else.  The guys talked and goofed around like guys and they didn’t come off as stuck up at all as I had feared. The other girls kept to themselves, which I didn’t really mind because Vivi is more than enough company for anybody, really. 

Five and a half hours later, we arrived at a secluded beach villa in Tuzon, a resort community, with the finest white sand and a stunning view of the crystal blue sea.

It had two levels, each level with a wrap-around balcony of its own, and it was practically steps away to the beach. Tall palm trees offered a nice, cool shade around the villa and the breeze was warm and smelled salty. 

“Welcome to our own little paradise for the weekend,” Patrick announced as we walked into the large, open foyer of the practically wall-less main level of the villa. There was a stone staircase in the middle of the room that led to what I expect are the bedrooms.

“There’s six bedrooms in this villa, each pair gets one,” Patrick continued, fishing out a fistful of keys from his pocket. “There’s a couple extra left but I hope none of us would ever have to use it.”

There were snickers from the guys as Patrick handed out the keys to them. Seth had a crooked smile as he got ours.

“Keep it low you guys, okay?” Patrick teased with a mischievous wiggle of his brows which Seth responded to with a playful smack on Patrick’s shoulder. 

He just laughed and put his arm around Amanda before heading up the stairs behind the other couples.

“He’s just kidding,” Seth told me as he picked up our bags. “Don’t look like you’re about to dive off of a cliff.”

I scrunched up my nose in protest. “Don’t tempt me to make you use one of the spare bedrooms.”

He grinned and lightly kissed me on the tip of my nose. “I won’t, silly. I promise.”

We trudged up the stairs and found our room at the end of the almost circular hallway. It was big and airy  with large windows and double doors that led to the balcony. A rustic-looking, wooden king-sized bed sat in the middle of the room, piled on with pillows and cushions and surrounded with sheer white curtains hanging from the ceiling, giving the illusion of a four-poster.