love fool, 1

conrad walked more into the living room, belly went to the kitchen. jeremiah ran upstairs. i stood still.

i turned around , going to the staircase and the paintings were gone.

It's like she was never here at all.

"paintings are gone." i said, quietly, walking in the living room.

"everything's gone." jeremiah said, after he ran back downstairs.

the door opened and closed and me and conrad took a few steps in the kitchen. julia walked in.

"what the fuck, julia." conrad said.

"i'm sorry." she said as we all walked in the kitchen. "this must be such a shock."

i'm seriously about to lose my cool.

"i-i spoke with your father this afternoon, and-and he and i decided that it would the best not to drag this out any longer than necessary." she said.

"i don't give a shit what the two of you decided on. you had no right to touch anything in this house." conrad said. "those were her things!" he exclaimed as steven walked to him.

"breathe, man, okay?" steven said, holding on to conrad's arm.

"stop." conrad said.

"everything's in the storage." julia said. "i made sure that everyone was very careful with every single thing. i'm just doing what i have to do to sell this house."

"bullshit! you could have said something. you could have warned us." conrad said. "all you wanna do is fight our mom, constantly."

"okay, enough!" julia yelled. "you're not the only one that's hurting here." i rolled my eyes.

"and i'm not the one you should be angry with. your mother could've warned you that this was gonna happen." julia said.

"she just wanted to make me the bad guy, as usual." julia said.

"i'm so sorry that she was too busy dying to make your life a little easier. you know, it sucks that our grandfather loved her more than you. but i'm not surprised." conrad said, his voice cracking a little but it went back to normal and he walked away.

jeremiah tried to stop him but he pushed his hand away. i followed after conrad.

"con." i called out as we stepped out of the house, but he ignored me.

"of course, dad did nothing to stop her." conrad said, as the others also walked out.

"connie, what can he do?" jeremiah asked.

"jere! he doesn't care about us!" conrad yelled. "and this asshole won't even pick up my... calls" he said and turned around seeing skye step out.

"did you know about this?" conrad asked, walking closer but jeremiah stopped him.

"i'm, no, i'm serious. i'm serious." he pushed jeremiah away and stepped closer.

"did you know about this?" conrad asked.

"i-i didn't know anything, okay? i swear i would've told you." skye said.

"would you have? really?" conrad asked. "because we haven't seen each other in ten years. would a day at the boardwalk have been enough to betray your mom?" he asked.

"listen, i know we don't know each other very well, but i-i wouldn't have sideswiped you like this." skye said.

"connie, come on." steven said. "what are we going to do?" he asked.