₀₃ A CREW

CHAPTER THREE

A CREW

SHELLS TOWN, MARINE BASE

IN THE TUNNELS, it had barely been 10 minutes of Luffy and Adriana retracing their steps to see where they went too far and where they needed to be to get inside the base. The brunette had a suspicion that they were getting closer to the storage rooms when the sounds and structures were beneath them instead of above. She would have felt or looked around for more evidence of the idea, but the tunnels themselves were already pretty small and Luffy's lack of knowledge of personal space was not helping in the slightest.

"How much farther do you think the map is?" The straw hat excitedly questioned, his breath whispering from directly behind the girls ear, his head hovering above her shoulder.

"I'm not even sure where they would keep it, but i think the storage room is close." Adriana replied, taking a couple wide strides to distance herself. "Wait.. shh do you hear that?"

A small gust of wind was felt as Luffy moved quickly to get next to the brunette again and press his ear against the tunnel wall nearby to hear the voices speaking in the room close to them.

"Hey. we don't have any maps to the grand line down here do we?"

Adriana was also trying to listen in on the answer but instead her focus was on keeping her body entirely still as she felt something round move against her leg, she tried to keep in her squeak of fear as she whispered an refuses to look down.

"Please tell me that your hat and not an oversized rat."

"Oh oops, sorry." Luffy chuckled, leaning down to pick up his straw hat that had fallen off from him pressing his head too closely against the wall. However while he was down there to pick it up he decided to press his ear against the floor. "Woah. you can hear way better from down here."

"The room must be right below us." The girl inferred, leaning down to sit on her heels and listen from the floor, she decided that was as close as she would get, not wanting to put her face directly on the suspicious tunnel floor.

"Hey, you're the girl from the bar. The one who stole my uniform." A male voice accused someone from the room below them.

Suddenly noises of fighting began, sounds of a man being choked as well as a fighting stick extending open to attack another person. The weapons made a couple clashing sounds before the noise of the stick colliding with someone's face rang out along with a woman's groan and a final thump to the floor. Then there was only silence and the smallest sound of the baton swiping through the air before being closed again.