Handprint ~ Chapter Twenty-Three

Sorry the last chapter felt a bit slow to me!! I'll try to get plenty of story development in this one :)

~~~

... Today is Thursday. I don't have plenty of time.

Over the week, I've been spending so much time with Shinso that I just haven't found the right point to tell people. Sure I could have told the squad at lunches or literally anyone in class time but it just didn't feel right.

If I was going to finally come out, I want it to feel natural... not forced.

So... good luck me...

~~~
WOO LETS SEE HOW THAT ONE GOES FOR BAKUGO

anyway

Shinso POV time 😍
~~~

Yeah.. maybe it was a mistake to tell Denks and Ejiro Kirishima about Présent Mic being my father but I wasn't expecting them to tell Mina, who told Aoyama, who told Hagakure, Deku and Tokoyami, who told the whole class, who eventually told the whole school.

Now I was constantly being stopped in corridors and people were coming up to us at lunch times.

I had people asking for extra credit, if I still had to do homework, asking me to get the homework answers or the cheat sheets for tests. Fun fact!: I don't get any of that.

We also had people sitting at our table and bugging us (mostly me) to be friends with them. For some reason, I didn't realise being the son of a teacher would suddenly mean everyone liked me and yet here we are.

Nobody knows about Dadzawa yet. That's his decision to make though. Papa Mic has always been okay with the idea of people knowing about our little hero family but Dad on the other hand... well.. he hates the media and attention so a scandal surrounding him and his secret love life wouldn't exactly be enjoyable.

"Hey Shinso!"

I turned around to see a girl from my class. Her skin was a light shade of red, perfect contrast to the vibrant blood-coloured hair that was currently tied up in a loose, messy bun but usually cascaded down her back with perfect elements. Her eyes were black but glowed white when she used her quirk. (She could contact the dead, speaking fluently to the spirits surrounding her.)

Did I know her name? I didn't need to.

"Hi... I'm sorry, who are you again?" I felt rude to ask but wasn't it ruder to guess?

"Oh right! Tadashi Tanaka... I'm in your class?" She seems happy but it soon fades after recognising my confusion. "That doesn't matter... it's only been two years." She laughs awkwardly.

"So- do you have a reason to be here? Are you another fan girl? He can't get you extra credit." Monoma speaks up, defensively.

The class 1-B trio had continued to join us for lunch and, by now, it was normal- we were a little group. Nobody bothered us until recently and everyone just wanted to eat in peace- especially Neito.

Kendo slapped the back of Monomas head, "Be nice!"

"Oh come on, you've grown tired of them too- right?" He rolled his eyes.

Kendo fell quiet. We all did. The answer was simple and everyone agreed. Yes.

"Oh um- I'm really sorry if it seems that way but no... I've been wanting to approach you guys for a while." She laughs again. It seemed to be a coping mechanism when situations got awkward or embarrassing. "I've seen a lot of people coming to you recently so thought it was my chance... y'know... fit in with the crowds!"