Chapter 13

Harry pov

It only takes an hour to get there and out plane land right outside the base. It is in the middle of an empty desert landscape. We give our IDs and get lead in. In the very middle of the circle is a rather large hammer. It looks familiar but I can't seem to figure out why. I sort through my memories and find it.

It is Thors hammer from Norse mythology, Mjölnir. Now the question is how it got here, if it is the true thing and what to do about it. I decide the easiest way to figure it out is by touching the hammer and seeing if I can feel magic.

I make my way over, stretch my finger out and touch it. The moment I touch it I am sent flying slightly back and shocked. I immediately feel a difference in my body, so I call death. As he can tell when souls are around me when he shows up he is invisible to the naked eye. The people in the base are checking me over because apparently I am the only person this happened to.

Death comes over and seems rather alarmed. "What?" I whisper to him. Everyone around me thinks that I am talking about what happened so no one suspects anything.

"Master it appears that you have gained godhood somehow."

I switch the conversation to mental and reply to him. "What did you say!?"

"It appears you are now a god."

"How?"

"I'm not quite sure but I believe it has something to do with that hammer."

"Is there any way to put back whatever I got from the hammer."

"I believe so but you will still be a god after that as your magic has changed and the universe now reads you as a god. This also means you will likely have more abilities."

"If something was going to happen why couldn't I have gotten bit by a vampire or something."

"Don't tempt the fates master. Although monsters of the pantheons may not come after you magically creatures may be more drawn to you." I sigh and get up, dusting off my costume the moment I am fully stood up. Death goes back to what he is doing after giving me a once over.

"Well that was unexpected."

"Are you okay shadow?" Multiple people ask me.

"I'm fine, everyone back to work I don't need your attention." Everyone heads back to their stations and the scientists that were running tests on it head off to check the readings from when I touched it. I look around and notice that everyones attention is elsewhere so I touch it again and return the powers to it. After that I simply walk to my station of watching the perimeter.

I am sitting in the top of the temporary base when I feel a soul approach. It is not human so I figure it is someone coming to retrieve the hammer. I simply pretend like I don't notice them as they work their way into the building. I get off the building and go inside as the alarms go off. He tries to pick up the hammer and fails before falling to the floor and screaming into the sky. He looks like the descriptions of Thor so my guess is that Odin being the dick that he is took Thors powers and stuck them in the hammer. He must have set some sort of requirement on it as well as I was able to gain the powers from it.

While everyone is distracted with him I grab the hammer and shove it into a shadow pocket as we don't need the government finding out about the gods. I replace it with a copy and add just enough power that it reads the same without them having anyway to figure out it is magic.

A few hours later a older man comes to get him and they let him go. I get a call from Fury telling me to follow from a distance which I was planning to do anyway as he probably has Intel one my new situation. I tell my dad that a friend from school asked if I could stay over at his house and my father agreed as long as I kept him updated so I have time to do as I will.

I follow them to a bar and hide in the shadows while updating my team. They talk about the meaning of life and their places in the world and it is frankly rather boring but I can't go out of the shadows and ask him things here so I will just have to wait.

They drink and talk, Thor tells stories of Asgard and the scientist with him clearly doesn't believe a word he says. They drink until they can drink no more before stumbling to a trailer. A woman opens the trailer and lets them in so I simply walk in myself, with no shadows big enough to hide me I am revealed. "Who are you?"

"I was just sent to keep an eye on him." Pointing to Thor. "Though I do have some questions for him personally that I will not share with shield."

"I guess you can come in than." I nod and stand out of the way as the scientist is layed on the bed by Thor.