Chapter 14

Harry pov

We climb up to the top of the building next door and the woman, Jane, starts a fire as we all sit down. "Ask your questions."

"Alright. First, Thor what are you doing on Midgard? I know you didn't come here for the fun of it."

"My father banished me here and locked my powers in Mjölnir till I learn to be a better leader."

"And what were the requirements to get your powers back?"

"I must become worthy to become king."

"Okay, so why did it react when I touched it?"

"You must we worthy! Have you taken my powers?"

"Very briefly but then I put them back. Why does your soul not read entirely God, it feels off?"

"I come from another world."

"So you are the alien version on Thor dandy. Now can you tell me why even after putting your powers back my soul still reads mostly as a god?"

"You have been chosen as the rightful heir of Asgard, thus you must have the power to do so."

"Ugh, I don't have time for this. So there is no getting out of this whole king thing?"

"I am afraid not, I have lost the rite to you."

"Great." I groan. "Wait! Do you people have soulmates?"

"No we do not have a destined bond, other than a few."

"Good." I check my side and see no new words so I let out a sigh.

"What do you mean by all those questions?" Jane asks.

"Exactly what it sounds like, I touched the hammer, it gave me more powers and now I am stuck as the king of an alien version of Norse mythology."

"So he is telling the truth?!"

"Yeah. Can I change this outfit is rather uncomfortable?"

"I guess." I take of the mask and contacts before heading down to the lower level of the building and changing my clothes to a green tee shirt and a pair of black jeans. I head back up and sit down.

"You are a child!" Thor announces.

"Yes. Any other obvious observations you would like to share?"

"How are you a shield agent?" Jane asks.

"Finished college, got recruited, got trained and became top agent other than one of my team members."

"Aren't your parents worried?"

"No my father thinks that I am at a friend's house for a sleepover."

"You have friends?"

"Of course I do. And some are actually my age. I met them at my current school."

"I thought you finished school?"

"This is more a school I am attending for legacy reasons and to get closer to my parents as they went there as well."

"That's nice."

"Yeah, now it is rather late and I am still a child so we should go to sleep. Oh and Thor I brought your hammer so they don't find out about the gods."

"Where is it?" I grab it out of the shadow pocket and set it on the floor. "But I saw it there as we left?"

"I made a copy."

"Are you a Midgarden mage?"

"I suppose but don't go around sharing that information I could get in serious trouble, also don't go around sharing what I really look like or that I am a child."

"I would never share such things my king."

"Ugh!" I say as I slide out of my chair in annoyance. I may have gotten a bit of my father's penchant for dramatics. But this is a thing that seriously affects my, my family's and my mates lives as well as any children we may have in the future. "Sleep we will deal with this tomorrow." I get off the ground and shove my face into the chair as I slowly drift off to sleep.

When I wake up I head downstairs where Jane is making breakfast. "Good morning."

"Good morning. I realize last night I never asked your name."

"It's Harry."

"It's nice to meet you Harry."

"Yeah." She sets out breakfast for us and we start to eat when I get a call from Fury. "Yes?"

"We have unidentified persons headed in the direction of your last update."

"Okay I will deal with it, it shouldn't be a problem." I hang up and turn to Thor. "I think some of your friends are here." As I say that a few people who are clearly not from here and souls read as gods arrive.

"My Friends!"

He lets them in and they tell him about their Loki's betrayal and how he seeks to take over Asgard. My first thought is that it would be less work for me but I know I better go help anyway. I can travel through the shadows so there is always a way for me to get back home.

There is a crash in the middle of town so we rush out. To find a giant metal golem. It is destroying the town so we quickly head to fight it. Thor and his friends take it head on while we clear the town around it of people.

After we get everyone to safety we go to help Thor but he is on the ground barely hanging on to his life. At this moment his hammer comes and resuscitates him. He grabs the hammer and defeats the golem before calling for Heimdall. I quickly sent a text to my father just in case my phone doesn't work on Asgard and made a note to myself to make it work on Asgard if it doesn't because it seems like I will be spending a lot of time there in the future.

He doesn't open the bifrost right away which is rather concerning. So Thor asks multiple times. Finally after way longer than it should have been the bifrost was open and we were taken to Asgard.