Leaving Here

"Maia. Maia." Nancy called behind me. She was trying hard to run after me but unfortunately, she was unable to catch up which I know she won't.
She couldn't!
I've been used to running and hiding in the past few years; stealing food and running to my favorite yellow mountain to eat the meals.
I've been used to trying to run away from the maids whenever they caught me or running from the pack members who intend to humiliate me all because I have once done them wrong when I was a princess.
I won't deny it, I was arrogant during my parents' lifetime as the only princess and future Alpha, but everything came to a stop ever since their death. I became a slave, so I need to shelve my arrogance if I don't want to die of hunger.
It was hard for me at first, to see my favorite uncle who promised to take the place of my parents in my life in taking care of me, only for him to ascend the throne and make my life a living hell.
It silently began with ignoring me or punishing me for no reason or asking the maids to lock me up in a closet and denying me meals. Until it got out of control one afternoon.
I couldn't remember what ensued between Leon and me, but I recalled Leon hitting me that afternoon and calling me an ugly orphan.
And the arrogant me had retaliated by slapping him hard on the face and that was the day I tasted what being a maid was like for the first time in my life.
“Maia, I can't catch up anymore.” Nancy cried out behind me, her panting loud and clear to my ears and I naturally came to a stop.
I sighed, not believing that I just had a flashback of the past that I wanted to forget.
"Oh my God. What are you, the legendary lycanthrope? I can't believe a tiny omega can run this fast." Nancy teased lightheartedly while jogging toward me. Sweat was dripping down her pale skin, making her hair stick to her skin.
She stared at me worriedly, “Are you okay?”
I nodded, "I will. I just need to take a…" I was yet to complete my words when I saw Alpha Oswald in the distance. "A walk, I'll be back soon." I completed.
I turned back and walked away from Nancy in a fast stride.
"Don't go to the forest, okay? It's late and dangerous." Nancy yelled behind me and I waved at her.
I made a detour when I saw the familiar path that led to the forest and walked toward the opposite.
Surprisingly, the path led to a garden. A quiet and beautiful garden. The Power Axis really knows how to take care of themselves and enjoy life. A wide contrast to the Red flame pack.
I walked toward a swing and sat on it, my heart heavy. I stared into the sky with melancholy.
When my parents died, my uncle told me mom and dad went to the moon goddess to watch over me from there.
Even though I knew it was a lie, I still like to believe that they were there staring at me with the moon goddess at their side, protecting me and helping me plan a favorable future.
Sometimes, I wondered if they'd be disappointed with me and the current state I am in. They brought me up to always raise my head high as the princess I am, but I became the complete opposite and even had to fake an identity. I hope they forgive me.
“That swing exclusively belongs to Lorelei.” The familiar agarwood scent wrapped around me, as Alpha Oswald moved closer. His voice was calm and cold.
What was he doing here? Shouldn't he be with his partner doing…
I got down the swing immediately, feeling too sad to quibble with him.
I purposely blocked Maia because she'd definitely want to throw herself at him but recalling her mood a few minutes ago, she probably wouldn't, “I'm sorry. I'll take note not to touch it anymore.” I replied without staring at him and began to leave the garden.
But I was yet to do so when Alpha Oswald grabbed my hand. I bit my quivering lips, trying not to let out any purr due to the tingles that coursed through my skin.
I knew Alpha Oswald was trying to stir me up and annoy me, as an Alpha how can he be so free? “Alpha? Do you need to tell me anything?” I muttered patiently, biting my lower lips to prevent myself from lashing out at him.
“Were you told you can't just reside in the power Axis pack?” he asked me in a calm voice.
I stared at him with a frown, my anger building. "What do you mean?”
“Even as a guest you have to contribute to the pack. Just like Nancy, she's a maid of Luna Lorelei as her contribution.” He declared nonchalantly. He held still tight.
"So you want me to be a maid also?" I interrupted in an extremely calm voice that shocked me.
A ripping pain overtook my heart and I could hear Maia whimpering in sadness, “To your partner? How can you be so heartless?” I took a sharp breath to calm the sob that threatened to emanate. I stared at the sky to rid the tears that threatened to spill down my cheeks.
Why? Moon goddess must hate me a lot to give me such an irresponsible and heartless mate. Is this the punishment I deserve for failing to keep my parents' legacy?
“It's fine if you don't want to acknowledge what we have between us but simply asking me to be a maid to your ugly partner is impossible.” I lashed at him. I've never been as tired of my life as I am presently. I was tired of everything.
If the moon goddess knew my second chance wouldn't be worth it, why didn't she just kill me directly, or was I born to suffer?
"Maia!" Alpha Oswald called out angrily, but I shrugged off his hand.
I was tired of everything that happened today, so I couldn't help but let the tears spill down my cheeks.
"How nice would it be if we were never mates? When I dreamt of my mate, I dreamt of someone who can hold me close, who can wipe my tears and tell me it's alright but… ever since I met you, I have never hated life as much as I do!" I whispered and rushed out of the garden after expressing myself.
Maybe he'll kick me out? Perhaps I should really leave since this place isn't suited for me. Maybe there is another bigger pack out there that'll accept my presence and make me feel secure. Or maybe I can find a chance amidst the rogues.
I continued to run absentmindedly, feeling annoyed and sad until I mistakenly collided with someone.
Due to the inertia, we both fell on the floor, with me landing on the person's hard chest. Before I knew it, my lips pressed to his lips, making me gasp in disbelief. All the emotions I felt diffused in a blink and I could only freeze.
"Stand up." Wyatt's cold voice penetrated my ear, which made me tremble.
I quickly sat up and tried to stand. Unfortunately, I mistakenly sat on his crotch which made his expression darken.
Without warning, Wyatt threw me off him, albeit gently, and stood up with his face dark and cold.
“I'm sorry.” I quickly stood up and bowed to him fearfully. When it comes to whom I feared the most in the power axis, it's undoubtedly the stone-face Beta Wyatt. “I didn't mean it. I…”
“You feel it, don't you?” Beta Wyatt interrupted, his back turned to me.
I stared at him with curiosity, “What are you talking about, Beta Wyatt?”
"Nothing." Beta Wyatt says and shakes his head. He stared at me, his face softening, or it was my imagination.
“Were you crying?” he asked me. I shook my head and wiped the tears off my face.
“Beta Wyatt, I heard I'll have to earn my stay in the pack, can I serve as a maid in your place?” I was hesitant because I was afraid he'd reject me and if he did so, I'd have no choice but to leave the power axis.

“A maid? There are different professions in the pack, why do you need to be a maid?” he stared at me skeptically.
“I'm used to…” I quickly stopped upon discovering that I almost let out my secret to him. “Ahem, I'm a little introverted, so I'd rather work somewhere familiar and…”
Somewhere far away from that bitchy alpha. I thought.
Thinking about him is enough to spoil my mood. Besides, Beta Wyatt has an honorable position, so he'll be able to help me, unlike ordinary pack members.
Wyatt fell silent, and it made my heart thrum in fear.
“Have you been assigned a place to stay?” He asked after a few minutes.
I shook my head and informed him I was staying at Nancy's place in the meantime.
"Come with me, you'll stay in my place." He ordered and began to leave.
My eyes widened in shock and I almost jumped at him. I had to try hard to resist the temptation to do so. I tried to keep up my, "Thank you, Beta Wyatt. Can I inform Nancy?"
"No need, a guard will inform her about it." He said and began to leave.
"Thank you, Beta Wyatt. If at the end I didn't last here I am thankful to you for saving my life." I said behind him.
"You'll stay." Beta Wyatt interjected, cutting me off.
I nodded excitedly, choosing to believe in him. I quickly followed behind him, my heavy mood had been lightened up by the talk.
Maia suddenly purred and started to act coquettish, and I knew it could only be a reason. I turned to see Alpha Oswald staring but as soon as our eyes met with each other, he turned away and left.
Weirdo.