Beta Wyatt's Partner

Beta Wyatt nodded slightly to Lorelei, “Luna.”
Oswald gave me a suggestive gaze as if to tell me to greet Lorelei, but I looked away and pretended not to comprehend the meaning behind his gaze.
“I'm quite curious about who will accompany Beta Wyatt this time; every pack member is interested in it,” Lorelei said while holding Oswald's hand. “Or are you attending your show partnerless like previous ones?” She questioned with a faint teasing smile on her face.
“That's against the rule, isn't it? As the Beta, you need to have a partner with you on every success you hold.” Alpha Oswald arched his brows and stated.
Beta Wyatt nodded, looking calm. “I have one.” He revealed, which made us stare at him in disbelief.
Lorelei looked stunned for a second, but her expression slipped, and a smile blossomed on her face again, “May I know who it is…”
“It's a secret.” He brushed her off, but Lorelei let out a laugh filled with understanding.
“Ok. I'm quite curious about it. I'll wait until then, I hope you don't disappoint us.” Lorelei says with a smile.
It is unclear to me why I felt that her sentence held a double meaning to it, but I shrugged it off.
Pulling Oswald with her, they both left the mansion without sparing me a glance.
“Here I am, Beta. I heard you ordered to see me.” I asked, and he began to walk the expensive wooden stairs.
“What are your thoughts on being my partner?” Beta Oswald suddenly stopped in his tracks and asked me, which shocked me.
“Be… be… being your partner?” I questioned with a stutter and he nodded nonchalantly.
My face burned red, never expecting Beta Wyatt to be straightforward in asking me out. “A. Isn't it too early for that, we don't even know each other that much?” I whispered and fiddled with my finger.
“What? What are you thinking about?” Beta Wyatt flicked my forehead and chuckled.
I was stunned to hear him chuckle. I raised my head to see the most beautiful smile I have ever seen; my heart skipped a beat.
However, it disappeared immediately, and it made me wonder if I was the one hallucinating.
“Uh?” I touched my forehead with a pout and massaged the spot he flicked, “You said you wanted me to be your partner.” I mumbled with grievances.
Beta Wyatt shook his head and clarified, “My partner for the night.”
“Oh. For the party?” I whispered in embarrassment, and my eyes widened when it suddenly clicked.
“I thought you had a partner,” I whispered in shock. I couldn't believe that he'd be asking me out to be his partner for the night. Why me? I expected it to be someone else.
Beta Wyatt shook his head, “I intended to use you.”
“Me? Why me? I'm just an ordinary maid.” I whispered, filled with confusion.
After all, he has always been so cold to me, except for last night.
I never expected him to throw this offer my way. I expected it to be one of the beautiful ladies in the pack.
“Who made you a maid?” He retorted with furrowed brows.
I stared at him in puzzlement. “Last night, I became your maid.” I clarified.
“I didn't bring you here to be a maid.” He uttered, which made me stunned for a few seconds.
“But I…”
“Ok. It's settled, you'll be my partner.” He muttered, which left me agape. I never told him I'd be one.
“But…”
“But nothing. It's settled. You're dismissed.” He uttered in his detached, cold voice, giving me no choice but to argue. He entered the study and shut the door, leaving my stunned self outside.
I remembered how I was already famous in the pack by just following Beta Wyatt along. Now that I'll be his partner for the night, I hope I won't get on the wrong side of anyone.
“Ugh! Being in this pack is nothing less than trouble.” I stomped my feet and turned to leave.
I can't help wondering what Nancy will say about this if I tell her about it. Ugh! So domineering.
“Excuse me?” A lady in her late thirties said to me as soon as I turned back to leave.
I observed her features, and I hadn't met her before. “May I help you?” I inquired.
The lady gave me a gentle smile, “Miss Maia. I'm part of the staff Beta Wyatt hired to prepare you for tonight's party.” The lady informed me, which made my eyes widen in surprise.
“Party? This is morning!” I exclaimed in disbelief, my arms flying around me to hug myself, unconsciously. I was sure the time was around 11:00 a.m. or so, what does she mean by starting the preparation now?
“The time doesn't matter, miss. There are many skin care routines that you have to go through, etc. I fear that the time may not be enough if we start late.” The lady informed me, which made my lips parted in a gasp.
I rubbed my arms which were covered with the long-sleeve shirt with awkwardness. “But…”
“Miss Maia, it's the Beta's order. If I fail to prepare you on time, I'll be punished.” She informed me and pulled me along before I could argue.
We ascended the wooden stairs, and I was taken toward the opposite direction of the room, Beta Wyatt entered.
There were four rooms in the opposite direction, and I was pulled into one of the rooms by the lady who later introduced herself as Fay.
In the room, four other ladies also claimed to help in the preparation for the party.
I was told that I'd have to go through skin and hair treatment, massage, etc. On a short note, their job is to make me outstanding for the night, and it made me ask them if I was the one who owned the night, which made them laugh.
They later replied that since I was Beta Wyatt's partner, I could only be gorgeous in order not to disgrace Beta Wyatt.
“So, can you take your clothes off, so we can apply skin treatment on you?” Fay asked me, but it only made me take steps back in defense.
I shook my head and suggested, “Why don't you give it to me? I'll apply it on my skin myself.” I said and clutched my clothes tightly, which made them sigh.
“Can you please stop delaying us? The more you refuse the preparation, the later we are. And if we fail to fit you into tonight's theme, we may be punished by Beta Wyatt. We hope you understand.” They pleaded, looking sad.
However, that wasn't enough to shake me because of my… I bit my lower lips hard to refuse vehemently, “I…”
“Have you heard about Beta Wyatt's punishment?” One of them began, changing the topic, which made me shake my head.
“According to the rumors, all those who annoy Beta Wyatt always have the worst ending, especially liars. Beta Wyatt hated liars. An example of his punishment is ordering for the person to be skinned alive.” She revealed, which made my heart skip in fear.
“What?” My eyes widened in shock. I can't help but shiver upon remembering my lie and Beta Wyatt's threat.
“So don't ever lie to Beta Wyatt or displease him, or else he may see to it that you're finished,” Fay whispered to me.
I gulped down saliva and I nodded while their instructions replayed in my head. So I don't only have to avoid Alpha Oswald but Beta Wyatt as well? Great!
Fay's lips parted to say something, and I nodded my head absentmindedly, not paying attention to them.
I was jolted awake by Fay, who suddenly grabbed hold of my clothes.
I quickly grabbed her hand to stop her, filled with astonishment, “What are you doing?” I questioned in defense.

“What's wrong with you? Didn't you just agree to us taking off your clothes?” she retorted, looking pissed.
“I… I did? Weren't you just talking about Beta Wyatt now?" My brows were knitted, confused.
Fay stared at me exasperatedly, “Maia, if you continue like this, we won't hesitate to use force to take it off.” Completing her words, Fay forcefully tore off my clothes and we froze.