𝐂𝐡. 𝟓𝟏 | 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝

Liya

I was left with a lot of questions after my aunt left.

'All this wouldn't have been possible without Chase. He's burnt every man involved in the murder but my sons. He pleaded at my feet for me to give their lives in his hands', her words roamed around in my head.

My feet had scoured the entire house, room to room looking for him but I didn't find him. He was home but I just didn't know where until I had realised, I didn't check the rooftop.

I took the stairs up to the terrace and found a ladder hung to the roof. Climbing up it, he came to my view. The scent of cigarettes filled the air, indicating he was smoking.

But when I took a seat beside him, a bottle of vodka in his hand came to my sight. He chugged a few sips down his throat. He doesn't look at me though.

I look out into the same night sky he's looking at. There's a star brighter than the others.

"Luka's watching us," he spoke, letting me know.

I didn't respond for a bit. Words were difficult to form. Wincing my eyes out to the star, something in me didn't focus on it. I was more focused on the person sitting beside me right now.

"Thank you," I uttered hardly.

"For?" he asks, unaware.

"For giving my parents the justice they deserve," I softly voiced, turning my head to look at him.

"What's there to thank about?" he questioned, still looking out into the sky.

"Everything. I never thought you'd be doing something like that for me," I muttered loud enough for him to hear me.

He finally turned his head and met my gaze. A few blinks occurred on my face, studying his disturbed expression.

"I would burn the whole world into ashes for you," the cigarette reaches his mouth after these words had been escaped.

"I think I need one too after hearing those words," I laughed nervously.

He brought his cigarette to my mouth, carefully watching my lips part and take it between. Staring so jealously, like he wished this cigarette was his lips.

I smiled lightly, capturing a soft gaze from him this time. The taste of bitter wood filled my mouth but didn't choke me.

"You're always looking at me like that," I puffed out the smoke from my mouth, focused on him rather than the taste of the cigarette.

Chase's hand comes forward, his fingertips slowly coming in contact with my skin. Gliding against the edge of my forehead, his fingers collected my hair. Swiftly tucking it behind my ear.

"You're as beautiful as the first time I saw you," he spoke with a soft smile like he was recalling back to the moment.

"Your brunette hair falling down your back like waves with your natural loose curls," he extensively in detail, remembered.

"Those deep green eyes, sparkling like diamonds would in the marine ocean," his eyes locked in with mine so beautifully it made me feel butterflies.

"Red lipstick coloured onto your bow-shaped lips," his thumb came to brush over.

"The natural flush of red over your light freckles..." he continued, so mesmerised that a red flush was filling beneath my freckles again.

"Absolutely gorgeous and heavenly," Chase's gaze was so hot and cooling at the same time that it started burning my cheeks.