Chapter 5-The Fight

Warning: Violence

"How dare you push her!" Chase growled at me.

I pushed him off with force and Lulu jumped in front of both of us.

"Stop it you two!" Lulu shouted.

"Shut up," annoyingly said Chase.

"Don't tell her to shut up," I grimaced.

Some of the people that were walking by stopped to see what was going on.

"Whut are you gonna do about it?' he said, his eyes glaring at me.

I protectively moved Lulu, putting her behind me. I clenched my fists and said, "Disrespect her again and you'll regret it."

Chase snickered and said to everyone, "Looks like Jake is protectin' his girl. No wonder she's so weak."

Everyone started laughing.

I grumbled and threw my fist at his face. He stumbled back and looked at me. Everyone was silent now. Tension filled the air as I huffed. I was about to say something, but Lulu beat me to it.

"Don't ever call me weak."

She had a look of determination in her eyes. Her brows were arched together and her mouth was in a frown. Her face was that of a warrior.

"But you are. Otherwise you wouldn't need him to protect you."

They started bickering back and forth. My eyes left them for a few seconds. In those few seconds, I spotted Mike and Kevin in the distance. My eyes went back to Chase and Lulu. And then–

Smack!

Everything stopped.

All I heard was my heart beating and my slow breathing. At the corner of my eye I saw Ariana pulling Emma away as everyone backed away a bit. All eyes were on me. I guess they were waiting for my reaction.

My breathing accelerated. I clenched my fists and lost all senses. I lunged at Chase, making us land on the hard shiny floor with a thud. Everyone started cheering for us as I began punching him in the face. Adrenaline overpowered me as I kept going. 

I instantly lost control. My hands went around his neck, strangling him. His hands went up to my arms, trying to pull them away. He made choking sounds as I examined his face. His nose was a bloody mess and he had a few bruises on his face.

'This is whut he he git for hurtin' her.'

Then I heard my name being called.

"Jake!"

I stopped and loosened my grip on Chase's neck. Everyone was still cheering. I looked up and saw my cousin, Trixie, pushing her way through the crowd. I started to get up, but as soon as I was halfway up, a knee collided with my forbidden area which made me fall over.

 I cried out in pain. Chase stood up, towering over me and rubbing his neck. Before I tried to get up, Chase smashed his foot into my stomach, which earned more cheers.

'Why are they cheerin'? They should be helping.'

I curled up into a ball, holding my stomach. I could hear Trixie's infuriated shouts that were being directed towards Chase. I felt something growing inside of my stomach, It felt strange. My heart beats increased and my heavy breathing dissolved into growls.

My body vibrated as my bones snapped and switched places. I could hear people gasping and screaming. Fur sprouted out of my body as my wolf began making its appearance.

'No no no. Not here.'

After I was transformed, I growled at Chase. Trixie backed away slowly, everyone else either ran or stood there watching. I slowly sauntered towards Chase, growling lowly. We made direct eye contact and I could instantly tell that he was intimidated by me because he began backing away into a wall. He was shaking violently as his eyes were glued on me.

I stopped in front of him and went for his arm. The arm with the hand he supposedly smacked Lulu with. I bit down hard, causing him to let out a blood curdling scream. I tasted iron–blood on my teeth. Chase's other arm started smacking me in the face as he kept screaming. I fought the urge to fling him down the hallway, my wolf threatening me to do so. I finally let go of his arm and backed away, watching him faint and fall limp.

I shifted back and turned around. Lulu was still standing in the same spot with a horrified look on her face, gazing at me. Next to her was Alice and Alice's twin sister, Aliese. As soon as I made eye contact with Lulu, she looked away and ran. My body wanted to run after her, but somehow couldn't. I was frozen in place. Not too long after, Alice and Aliese decided to go after her after giving me a lecture.

My hair was suddenly yanked back violently and I winced.

"Whut is wrong with you?! You could've killed him!"

It was Trixie.

I didn't say anything. I didn't want to further embarrass myself or make matters worse while there were 10 other people still in the hallway.