Chapter 11-Rumors and a Confession?

Warning: language

As I sat by my window, watching the snow fall to the ground, I started to think about all of what had just happened. It had been a couple weeks and I had just woken up only a week ago. I haven't seen or talked to my friends since that night, except Lulu. I had just seen her two days ago.

Apparently that night, Jacobe scarred me with a silver blade. Something that could kill a werewolf. He tried to take me out! His own brother! One thing that I did not understand was that Chase and Jacobe were friends or acquaintances.

Flashbacks of that night seeped into my mind as I touched the bandages that were wrapped around my stomach.

'You did this to me.'

That echoed over and over again.

"Jake, ah'm takin' you tuh school. Get dressed," Mellissa told me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

She was already gone from the doorway when I turned around to say something. I stood up and stretched. I was glad that my back wasn't broken anymore.

I went to my bathroom and examined myself in the mirror. My hair was very disheveled and my eyes had bags under them. I splashed hot water on my face and tended to the bandages. After I took the bandages off, I inspected the scar. It was about 5 inches long and was almost healed. I shook my head and wrapped it back up with a new bandage. I walked out of the bathroom and put some clothes on: blue t-shirt, black ripped jeans and a black leather jacket.

When I arrived at school, I was already feeling like I shouldn't be in there. It just didn't feel right. I went straight to my locker, ignoring everybody.

"Hey."

"Hi Mike," I spoke bitterly, not wanting to look at him. He didn't seem to notice.

"Feeling better?"

'No.'

"Yes."

Mike placed his hand on my shoulder. "Ah'm sorry 'bout what happened."

'Yeah, sure you are.'

"Okay," I closed my locker and shrugged his hand off of my shoulder. I walked off without saying a word.

Mike ran after me. "There's rumors goin' around!"

I stopped walking and turned around. "What rumors?"

"Well one of them is that you have a twin brother and the other one is that you killed Chase."

'What?'

"First of all, ah didn't kill Chase. He's very much alive," I explained. I looked around for a second and then pulled Mike aside. "And yes, I do have a twin brother."

He didn't say anything. He just stared at me with wide eyes. I called his name.

"Sorry umm ah jus' don't know what to say. I have somethin' to ask you."

"Ask away."

"Did you and Lulu do something together?"

'What? How did he know?'

I just stood there. Flashbacks of me and Lulu went through my head. Her lips were soft on mine and her hands...

"Wait a minute. You did, didn't you?" Mike said, making me snap back to reality.

"Umm," I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. I nodded my head slowly.

"Oh my god. You had–"

I don't know what came over me, but I pushed him against the wall with force, covering his mouth with my hand. He peered up at me with a worried expression.