Chapter 2: Failed Pitch

——————————⚙️——————————

Meanwhile, at the Funki Toy Company head quarters, three women were in their lab working with the skeleton of the toy that Cady had.

One woman had dark skin and curly black hair that was tied up into a bun. Another had long brown hair, and pale skin, and the third woman had (h/l) (h/c) hair, (s/c) skin, and pretty (e/c) eyes.

The one with the long brown hair was trying to control the robot toy while the other two took notes and observed.

The robot fell over, and the cap to its head popped off.

The woman placed her hands on the table and sighed deeply. "Why are we doing this, Tess?"

"Cause we have to, Gemma." Tess replied.

"If we could at least show him what we have, he would—."

Tess quickly shook her head. "No. Mm-mmm. You said so yourself. Not until he's ready."

Gemma looked to the other woman. "(Y/n)? Come on, help me out here."

(Y/n) shrugged. "Sorry. I'm with Tess on this one. He's not ready."

Just then, the doors to the lab opened and a man with short brown hair walked in carrying a box. He slammed it down in their table, and Gemma and (Y/n) looked down at it with intrigue.

"Cole, is that what we think it is?"

Cole opened the box to reveal a rubber face mask inside it. He took it out and walked over to the corner of the room where the skeleton of a robot was hanging.

The robot was very tall, and it's hands were suspended by wires, and it had cables connecting from its head and back.

(Y/n) took the mask from Cole and slipped it on over the skeleton's head, it's blue eyes peeking through the eye holes.

Gemma booted the robot up, and it's eyes blinked down at (Y/n). Her being the first thing it saw. She looked up and noticed him blinking.

"Hey there. It's nice to see your handsome face. Now that you have one." She joked.

The robot's new lips twitched up a bit.

(Y/n) stepped aside and Gemma came up to it, holding up a pen. She moved it back and forth, and the robot's eyes followed it.

"Transparency looks good." Tess commented.

"Yeah, well, for what we paid for it, it better." Gemma walked away, not noticing the robot's eyes glance back over to (Y/n).

Cole grabbed an iPad and started testing out the expressions of the robot.

"Happy."

The lips moved upwards.

"Sad."

The lips moved down, and so did the eyes.

"Confused."

One side of the robot's mouth moved up, making it look more smug than confused.

"Wait, wait. Stop. Why is his face doing that? What's going on?"