Chapter 10: A Terrible 'Accident'

——————————⚙️——————————

The next day, Gemma and (Y/n) brought Cady to the event. It was located in a grassy area surrounded by a thick forest, and there were a bunch of kids about Cady's age already there playing games and running around.

Cady, unfortunately, was more willing to sit in the backseat of the car with M0RGAN instead of participating in the activities.

"Cady, come on. This is getting ridiculous. We're supposed to be at work already." Gemma told her.

"Look, we promise you'll have fun once you get into it." (Y/n) added.

"I'm not going. Not without M0RGAN." Cady insisted.

"Okay, A, that is never gonna happen, and B, the launch is in less than a week. We have to take him to work. We have to run diagnostics. We have to do a wardrobe fitting."

Cady gave Gemma an annoyed look. "I thought you said he was mine alone."

Gemma opened her mouth to argue, when a blonde woman holding a clipboard came slipping over to them.

"Hey! Do we have some new adventurers with us today?" She asked in a peppy voice.

(Y/n) nodded. "Yes, this is Cady."

The lady looked next to Cady. "And who's this?"

M0RGAN turned to look at her and the woman flinched.

"Oh, Jesus Christ! Sorry. Is that a...doll?"

"His name is M0RGAN. He wants to know if he can come with us." Cady sneakily requested.

"No she doesn't. M0RGAN is gonna stay with us today." Gemma denied. "Cady..."

"Well, we do have a toy table where kids leave their dolls and things like that." The lady offered. "But that is up to you."

"He's actually a working prototype, so we shouldn't really have him out in public." (Y/n) explained.

"Well, if both of you did want stay and to keep an eye on him, we could use some help making sandwiches!" The lady suggested.

"Don't worry (Y/n). You and Gemma have equipped me with advanced dual-frequency GPS. So I won't get lost." M0RGAN said.

Cady looked at the two women. "Please guys?"

Gemma and (Y/n) shared a look and they both reluctantly nodded. "Okay, but he stays at the toy table and as far as anyone is concerned, that's all he is. And no pictures."

The lady nodded in agreement.

...

M0RGAN found himself sitting on a bench that was attached around a tree with other toys and several backpacks. He was very motionless and sat very still. Almost like a real doll.

Cady joined the other kids as they head lady with the clipboard had them all gather round.

"Okay, who hear like roasted chestnuts?" She asked the kids.