28

Isabelle

After our little painting competition, Jackson and I spent the afternoon doing some more portraits together whilst enjoying our picnic and each other's company. Then, we'd done some shopping and exploring around New York City as if we were tourists in our own city, including going for a walk across Brooklyn Bridge.

Now, he's taking me to dinner at a famous Italian Michelin-star restaurant I've never been to before, and I've swapped my Converse sneakers for a pair of heels that Jackson had bought for me during our little shopping spree.

"Good evening Mr. Carter and Ms. Curtis," a server immediately greets as we enter the restaurant. He then exchanges a suspicious smile with Jackson, as though he knows something I don't.

"Good evening," I politely greet, before turning to Jackson and lowering my voice. "Is something up?"

"It's a surprise, Bella," Jackson grins. He grabs my hand and then leads me as we walk past all the tables and toward the elevator.

"Where are we going?" I curiously ask.

A sparkle shines in his brown eyes. "You'll see."

I've learnt that Jackson is good at keeping surprises so I decide not to ask him any further about it. Once inside the elevator, he presses the button corresponding to the rooftop floor.

And as soon as we step out of the elevator, it's as though my breath has been taken away.

Strings of beautiful fairy lights decorate the place, coupled with various small candles and flowery petals on the ground, creating a romantic and angelic ambiance. A round table for two rests at the center of the rooftop, providing an exquisite view of the city landscape and various colored neon lights along the New York City skyline.

"Wait, did you set this up?" I ask Jackson, my voice coming as tiny.

He lets out a proud smirk, confirming my thoughts. "I can be a very hands-on person, Bella."

The words "hands-on" cause my mind to go elsewhere and I swallow, thinking back to what had happened when we were in Washington.

He's definitely good with his hands, that's for sure.

"It's so beautiful," I reply, quickly clearing my throat in an attempt to stay on track. "The whole set up, the view...everything. Thank you for doing this."

"It's not as beautiful as the view in front of me right now," he softly says, staring into my eyes.

I can immediately feel my cheeks turning tomato red at his words. Who needs blush when you have Jackson Carter?

"And we have this space all to ourselves?" I breathe, still in awe.

Jackson takes a step closer toward me and cradles my face. "For as long as we like," he murmurs.

My gaze drops to his lips, and before I know it, I'm standing on my tiptoes and crashing my lips against his. He doesn't hesitate to deepen the kiss as he tilts up my chin, and I loop my arms around his neck, melting into the kiss and the taste of him.

"Dinner first, and then dessert," he smirks when we pull apart.

"Who says I can't wait until dessert?" I playfully challenge.

He chuckles in response and reaches his arm out. "Shall we take our seats?"

I nod and loop my arm in his. We walk toward the table, and he pulls out my chair for me before heading to his seat. "Thank you, Mr. Carter."

As Jackson pours wine for the both of us, I pick up the menu sitting on the table. It has the heading "A Custom Made Menu for my Bella" in a cursive font, and the dishes for our three-course meal have names such as "Isabelle's Speciality".