Prologue

My name is (Y/N) (L/N), and for the past 7 years, I've lived in an orphanage since I was 10. I graduated from high school a year early, and I'm a fast learner. I even learned martial arts and parkour alone, and I'm pretty intellectual when it comes to Marvel comics and anime. And I may or may not have learned how to steal since I never really had any money. Today is my 17th birthday, but I have no one to celebrate it with. I was currently outside on my phone, a Samsung Galaxy 20 that I "bought " until some lady in a business suit who was holding an envelope and a small box walked up to me.

Lady: Are you (Y/N) (L/N)?

Y/N: Ummm... Yes? I'm sorry, who are you?

Sam: I'm Samantha Jackson, but please call me Sam. I'm or rather was your fathers lawyer.

I was left speechless to meet my father's lawyer, and I hope whatever reason she's here isn't anything bad.

Y/N: Hi Sam! Pleased to meet you. (Offers hand shake)

Sam: (Smile) We've already met you were still little at the time. (shakes hand)

I didn't remember her at all either because I was still younger at the time or because it's been years.

Y/N: Sorry, but I don't seem to recognize you.

Sam: It's fine, but I'm here for something important. (hands over box and envelope)

She gave me a small box with an envelope and I got curious since I wasn't expecting a package.

Y/N: What's this?

Sam: Your birthday present,.... from your father.

I looked at her in complete shock. To think this is a present from my father.

Y/N: What!?. . But. . . How?... When?

Sam: Before he died, he called me over to sign a few papers. What you have in that box came from your father. He asked me for help to pull some strings and to make sure this gets to you personally. You may not remember this, but you signed these papers too, so whatever you have in that box is all yours and yours alone.

I was left speechless. I couldn't believe what I was told. My father went through a lot of trouble to ensure that whatever it is in the box goes to me.

Y/N: Thank you, Sam.

Sam: (Smile) Anytime, take good care of yourself, ok.

I gave her a nod, and she left after that. I immediately went to my room and locked the door so no one could barge in.

Y/N: Alright, dad, what did you hide from me until my 17th birthday?

As I removed the tape from the box, I opened the flaps, and what I saw made me lose my mind screaming in my hands.

Y/N: (Screaming in hands) WHAT THE ACTUAL FU-

I rushed back to the box and looked back inside. To my surprise, it was really there. A small box full of

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

stacks of cash.