Free

A teenage with blonde hair and blue eyes sat in the corner, his eyes welling up with tears. I could hear my mother sobbing.

Dad stabbed my mother in the chest, causing blood to flow quickly, as he slid the knife towards her abdomen. His eyes were black and soulless. A murder scene was right in front of me.  I just sat there, watching my heart pound every second.

I bolt from the room, still not quite believing what I've just witnessed. The boy started crying, and I saw him run out of the house.  The sound of the door latch caught my attention. I begin moving as fast as I can down each hallway until I get to my bedroom.

"Daniela!" My father yelled.

Tears start to fall down my cheeks as I rushed up the stairs.

I woke up feeling disoriented. It was the same dream I'd had months before. Why was there a boy in the corner? What is my mind trying to tell me?

Broken was no longer a word to describe me. I was a broken person a long time ago.

Now I was just numb. Nothing can ever harm me. I've gone through enough.

I was going to be sold the following week. Antonia wanted me. And he's raped me many times.

I sat in my bed, hands in my hair, balled up. My body was used far too often. Enzo wouldn't want me now. He doesn't want a whore or a slut. Who was fucked by men whose names she didn't even know. It was a daily occurrence. I'd be in my room when a man would walk in and take what was theirs. Because, well, let's face it. This was not my body. It was used far too frequently. Before touching what is yours, you need to ask your permission. But I didn't own anything. It was all theirs. They stole it and now they take it.

I'd quickly given up on Enzo. Scars covered my entire body, even my mind. I was atoning for my father's sins.

I'm still crumpled into a ball when I feel a tap on my shoulder and flinch. Terrified. Until I see him again. It was the boy from my dream green eyes and bright blonde hair. I blinked and shook my head and I saw Damien.

He was looking at me as he handed me a fruit bowl. I snatched it from his grip and put it all into my mouth. I was really hungry.

Every day, I just ate one meal, which was the same oatmeal.

It was exhausting.

"Easy sweetheart." He muttered gently.

"Piss off." I glared bitterly at him, he had gone awol for a month while I was being raped every day by Antonio and random men, and now he just shows up thinking we're friends.

I think the fuck not.

"MOVE AWAY." I yell angrily.

"What do you want from me now. You want this." I say pointing to my body as he shakes his head and looks at me in disgust.

"No sweetheart I just needed to see if you were okay." He says quietly.

"Yeah I'm definitely okay, matter of fact I loved getting raped everyday since you fucking left me." I say as I push him off the bed. But he gets up and walks back towards me.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart."

"Yeah because that's definitely going to erase all of that."

"Look I didn't mean for any of it too happen."

"Yeah well neither did I but look at me Damien I'm done. Finished." A whore just like what Antonio called me.

He glances at me, doesn't speak and just when I thought he was going to leave he takes out a sharp object. He takes my hand and puts a knife into my palm.