THANKSGIVING CONTRACT

Thanksgiving came faster than I thought it would

Thanksgiving came faster than I thought it would. I was anxious, but I tried not to show it. We were going to meet with Arik today to talk about the contract. I would give my final answer and he would give his. We invited him over an hour before our other guests because we wanted this to be private. I didn't want anyone to know about this, not even my parents. Liam was upstairs getting dressed, while I finished setting the table. I nearly dropped the sweet potato pie when I heard the doorbell ring suddenly.

"DANI, GET THE DOOR, I'LL BE DONE IN A MINUTE!" Liam called from upstairs.

The doorbell chimed again and I rolled my eyes making my way over to the front door. I pulled it open and forced a smile. "I heard the bell the first time, you didn't have to ring it the second time."

"My apologies."

When our eyes met I froze. He was what girls said he was. He was tall, dark, and handsome. He was wearing a black leather jacket, a black button-down t-shirt, black jeans, and black boots. The top two buttons of his shirt was undone, exposing his neck and the ink engraved on it. I started following his ink map from his neck to his chest, where it disappeared under his shirt. I was curious to know what other pieces of work were on his body now that I had caught a glimpse of it. His hair was combed to the side neat and precise. His scent was intoxicating me, he smelled of sandalwood, bourbon, and leather. "Are you going to let me in, it's cold?" He smiled showing off his perfect white teeth.

I stepped aside allowing him to walk inside. He pulled his jacket off hanging it on the coat rack near the door. "I wanted to contribute, so I bought a key lime pie."

I took it from him and walked towards the kitchen. I could hear him following me, so I offered him a drink. He told me that he wanted a glass of wine, which I found surprising. He seemed like the kind of guy to request a beer or vodka. I sat the pie down and walked over to get him a glass.

"What wine would you like, red or white?"

"Red," he said taking a seat at the kitchen island.

I wiped my sweaty hands on my jeans before grabbing the bottle and pouring him a glass. He smiled and thanked me as I handed it to him. "Liam is upstairs, he will be down in a minute."

"Okay."

He didn't seem like he wanted to have a conversation so I stood there trying not to stare at him. I stared at the floor thinking what could be taking Liam so long. Arik seemed different since I had last seen him. He seemed serious and intimidating. The aura that surrounded him scared me the most, it was dark, and cold just like his eyes. He was the one that would joke around, and always seemed bright. That was not the man that I seen sitting here now, he had changed.

"How have been?"

I looked up when I heard him speak. I hadn't noticed it before, but even his voice had changed. Had it gotten deeper if that was even possible? It was sexy, I couldn't even deny it. I rolled my eyes, why was I thinking about my brother-in-law like this?