CHAPTER 1

"You have three months to live, Ms. Rose. I am very sorry." My doctor said, giving me his pity look.

Why would he even be sorry for me?

I don't know what to feel. I don't know if I would rather be sad or happy about the news I received today. Should I celebrate? Should I congratulate myself for the dream I have had since I was a kid?

Honestly, I was furious. I was furious about the things that I had three months to live. Why wouldn't it be now? Why would I wait for three months for me to die? It's too long.

"Rose?" Joice, who's living beside my condo, who's also my sister, called me when she saw me in the lobby of our condo.

I glanced at her while puffing my cigarette. "Why?"

"You didn't go to work today, Rose. It's so new for you to be absent." She nagged me, glaring at me.

"Nothing," I replied.

"I don't believe you," she muttered, raising her brows at you.

"And then?" I also raised my brows at her as I puffed another.

"Rose!" she kicked her feet in frustration.

"What? I don't have anything to say to you, Joice. Now, let me go into my condo and I want to rest." I pushed her a little for me to enter the room.

"Fine." She surrendered. "Mom called earlier and she wanted us to go there tomorrow. She's been calling you but you're not answering. She's worried, Rose."

I sighed as I opened the door. "My phone's dead that's why. Is that why you're overreacting about why I'm gone today?"

"Yes! That's new to you and you're not even answering your phone. I thought something bad had happened to you!"

"I am sorry for making you worry, Joice. But I'm fine, hmm? Tell Mom I'll be there tomorrow. What time again?"

"Dinner, I think?" she shrugs. "Get some rest now. You look sick, Rose.

"Will do," I smiled gently at her. "You too,"

I closed the door and sighed heavily. I've been thinking if I'll tell them about my limited time. Should I? Or I'll just tell if it's time? I don't know!

I can't bear to give them pain. To excruciate them with the pain of losing their family. Their daughter.

I am not a very sweet kind of person. I rarely express what I feel. As if everything is too normal for me and I just need to go with the flow. It's tiring. But what can I do? This is me. This is how I perceive things. And I would trade anything for them to not get hurt.

It's too much to do especially if they are the ones who saved you from this cruel world. They are the ones who gave me a second life I didn't think I deserved up to this day.

Thinking about them now, do I wanna regret being happy a while ago because of what my doctor told me? Would I beg them to treat me? Would I beg them to save me? No. I won't. But is it selfish of me to think that way when they clothed me, fed me, and saved me?

Then a sudden memory appeared.

"Say hi to your new sister," a man who's tall enough to tower over my eleven-year-old body, sweetly speaking to his daughter who seems to be the same age as me.

He's sweet, he's calm, and he's kind enough to adopt me. To feed me and to clothe me.

I was confused when the kid jumped in glee when she went to me hurriedly and hugged me.