CHAPTER 4

"I can see you're now interested in photography." Said Joice who just arrived at my office.

I glanced at her who was now looking at me with a puzzled look. Can't blame her since it's the first time she saw me holding a camera.

"Why?" she asked.

"What 'why?'? I asked too.

"Why the sudden interest?"

"I want to try new things." I simply answered.

"You're saying that as if you're dying." She shrugs and takes a seat in front of me.

I am dying.

"But anyway, good luck on that. I tried photography yet I failed miserably." She sighed heavily as she was telling me that. "Can you take a picture of me?" she asked and suddenly made a pose in front of me saying I should take her picture now.

"Don't expect too much from me," I warned her as I faced the camera to her.

"Don't think about it. You can take a picture of me however you want and I won't judge, don't worry." She said and smiled.

I started taking her picture and she just posed in whatever she wanted. One thing I know right now is that she has a talent for modeling. She may not have a talent for photography, but she's good at posing.

"Let me see!" she excitedly said while she ran immediately to me.

"You can tell me honestly what's your opinion," I said to her first before handing her my camera. She nodded and then I gave her my camera.

I went back to my office chair as she was busy browsing at my camera. I got back at my paperwork as I waited for her to finish checking. It's been five minutes but she's not yet done which made me glance at her and I saw her staring into nothing.

"Joice!" I called her to get her back to reality. "It's been five minutes and you're not yet done?"

She glared at me. "You and your patience," she shook her head.

I am short-tempered, yes. My patience just could never wait for something that shouldn't be long. I mean, browsing the pictures I took earlier shouldn't be done in five minutes.

She walked towards me and handed me my camera. "All I can say is," she started and paused. I glared at her when I sensed that she was teasing me. "Okay, okay!" she laughs. "You're good at taking pictures, Rose! Seriously, Rose, is it really just your first time? Your pictures look so good as if it's taken by a professional photographer!"

"Stop overreacting, Joice." I rolled my eyes at her.

"I am not!" she shook her head. "Believe me, okay? You're good at taking pictures. If I were you, I would explore it more. You have potential, Rose."

"Sure?" my eyes narrowed at her, making sure she was not lying.

She then nodded her head. It's not that I don't believe her, but it's just hard to. Thinking that maybe they just don't want to burst my bubble or what. Especially Maverick. I just met him a few days ago and maybe he's just shy to tell me the truth.

"Anyway, what are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. I'm here because Mom has been pestering me about what you said."

"What did I say?" my forehead furrowed.

"That I'll manage this company?" she sarcastically said and rolled her eyes.

"Are you still not ready to? I've been telling you this last year but you said you're not yet ready that's why I gave you time. And now that I have already given you a year, it's time for you to comply." I explained to her calmly as I sighed.