Part 11

-"can you help me in?" she heard Stacey's muffled voice from behind the closed glass.
"I don't think this branch can hold any longer."

Ann quickly went to the window opened it and pulled Stacey in.
Stacey tumbled and fell face down on the bedroom floor. Ann concerned, knelt beside her.

-"are you ok?" she asked her worried.
Stacey turned and gave her a cheesy smile.

-"I'll live."

Ann felt her heart melt at that smile but then quickly regained herself and stood up.

-"are you crazy? You could have killed yourself!"

-"it was the only way I could see you." answered Stacey, as she stood up and brushed the twigs and leaves off her clothes.

-"I thought I made it clear I didn't want to talk to you."

-"I know, Ann. But from what Kate told me. It seems there are a few things I should clear up first."

-"there's nothing to explain, Stacey! I saw you!"

-"it wasn't what it looked like!"

-"oh please. That's the lamest excuse ever."

-"not this time!

-"I don't want to hear it!" said Ann and she turned her back to Stacey.

-"Ann, just listen to me!"

-"No!"

-"just let me tell you what really happened!"

-"I said no!" Ann wasn't letting her get a word in, which was really starting to frustrate Stacey.

-"Ann, please let me explain!"

-"why would you even bother?" interrupted her Ann.

Stacey had enough. She closed the distance between them and grabbing Ann by the arm turned her to face her.

-"because I'm in love with you!"

Ann looked at her wide eyed.

-"I-I don't believe you.." Her voice quivered.

Stacey just slid her arms round Ann's back and slowly started pulling her closer to her.

Ann didn't try to hold back, as if hypnotised by the blue eyes piercing into her. Stacey took her lips in a sweet heartbreaking kiss. Ann didn't resist.

Instead she closed her eyes and surrendered to the familiar overwhelming feeling that took over her body whenever Stacey touched her. She cursed herself for being so weak, but she knew the emotions were just too strong to ignore.

Stacey pulled away and looked at Ann who still had her eyes closed. When she opened them they were filled with tears.

-"why do you want to hurt me?" she whispered.

-"that's not what I'm trying to do." answered Stacey softly.

-"then how do you explain you and Kate!"

Stacey silenced her with another kiss. When she pulled away this time she felt Ann melt completely into her embrace.
Seeing that she wasn't going to interrupt her this time she started to explain:

-"I met Kate at the coffee shop and told her that you and I had become friends."

Ann just lowered her eyes but didn't say anything. Stacey continued:

-"then I told her that we were more than friends."

Ann snapped her eyes back at Stacey, but still didn't say a thing.

-"I told her that I loved you and she reassured me that she was ok with that, and it didn't affect our friendship one bit."
Stacey made sure to emphasize on the word friendship.

Ann patiently listened on.

-"we hugged and she kissed me on the cheek to calm me down cause I was crying. I was relieved that I could finally tell someone how I felt about you."

She stopped for a second and then softly and tenderly said:

-"I love you."

Ann didn't say a word. Stacey looked deeply into her eyes. She saw a tear drop from one eye and she followed it as it ran down her cheek and disappeared on the corner of Ann's curved up lips.
She was smiling at her. Stacey smiled back and Ann threw her arms around her shoulders and hugged her. But she accidentally hit her forehead.

-"ouch."

Stacey gently took Ann's face in her hands and studied her wounds closely. Ann felt her heart melt as she saw the concern and worry in Stacey's eyes.

-"how did it happen? Did someone hit you?!" asked Stacey. She was on the defensive now.
She looked ready to take on the whole world if she had to in order to protect her.

-"no, it was a car accident." and Ann explained to her what had happened.

Stacey lowered her eyes after Ann had finished.

Ann raised Stacey's face to her and saw her eyes filled with tears.

-"baby, what's wrong?"

-"I did this to you. I hurt you."

-"oh, Stacey. No! I did this to myself because I was blind and stupid. I'm sorry I didn't trust you."

Stacey shook her head still convinced she was responsible.

-"anyways," said Ann playfully.
"We're even now."

Stacey looked at her questioningly.

Ann raised her hand to Stacey's face and with the tip of her fingers touched Stacey's cheek.
Stacey winced from the pain as something stung her.

-"ouch."

Ann laughed sweetly.

-"you have small cuts all over you from climbing that tree."

Stacey looked at her arms and laughed as she saw strakes of blood all over them. She looked back into Ann's eyes and saw her looking now seriously at her.

-"I love you."

-"I love you too." Said Stacey in return and they kissed. She carefully wrapped her arms around Ann and held her as tight as she could.
Ann pulled away slightly from the kiss and whispered into Stacey's mouth:

-"don't ever let go."

-"never."

Stacey whispered back and she took Ann's lips in a passionate shattering kiss that sent them both into a whirlwind of sensual bliss.