Chapter 27 - Trial of the Century (Doria + Meghan vs Liverpool)

Please comment and like. Thank you, Danke, Merci, Gracias, Arigato..

Liverpool Courthouse - Day One

Since 9 a.m., thousands of people and reporters and journalists were already in the vicinity of the courthouse, thousands of police and military personnel were deployed for security. Inside the courthouse, there were already the families of those who had been injured and those who had been killed. On the other side, there were only two people - Doria and Ashley (Meghan's mother and niece), the rest were reporters and also some of Harry and Meghan's friends. At 10.45am, Princess Helena and her parents William and Kate with some 3 bodyguards entered the courtroom, then the lawyers from each side entered, then Harry and Meghan entered and finally the judge.

- Everyone stood for Judge Elizabeth Kennedy who will preside over this trial.

Judge - Thank you very much, please be seated. First I want to say good morning to everyone in this room, including the families of the loved ones of that attack on the image reporters and journalists who are here. To both lawyers, good morning, I would like to point out that we have a jury and they alone will decide on the sentence for the defendants Henry Charles Albert David and Meghan Rachel Markle. For the witnesses present here, I want you to feel at ease, so when you testify, take a breath and tell us what happened, what your children, great-grandchildren, great-grandchildren, grandparents and parents were like. So let's begin, Counsel for the Prosecution please prepare to present, Baillif the jury may enter. (...) Counsel for the Prosecution please.

Counsel for the prosecution: Madam judge, ladies and gentlemen of the jury good morning to those present in this room. We are gathered here more than a year and four months after the attack that terrorized this historic city of ours. We are also going to hear testimonies from young parents, babies, grandparents, and families that have been torn apart. We are here today because, after many investigations, talking to injured victims and the perpetrators who have been caught, we have on our left the perpetrators who ordered that attack. From the planning to the hiring of the terrorists to the purchase of weapons to the investigation by both the police and Scotland Yard, they have looked deeply into each person's life, to the hiring of them by the former Earls of Sussex. My entire team was hired to do the following for the victims and the injured of the attack, they all want justice, justice for what they did to their loved ones, justice because they want peace, they want those who planned in detail, from the hiring to the purchase of weapons and clothing, my clients want Harry and Meghan to never see the light of day again, they want them to rot in prison. Thank you.

Judge: Defense.

Lawyer - Defense: Madam Judge, Your Honor, I represent Meghan and Doria, the defendants for the defense. The prosecution thinks that they orchestrated the attack, and that they thoroughly investigated this movement of money to buy weapons. But ladies and gentlemen, what do you think was going on in the minds of the accused? We have here a statement from the Earls of Sussex which reads "Meghan and I are horrified and shaken by what is happening in Liverpool. As fathers and uncles, we are in contact with the royal family to find out the condition of Princess Helena who was attending that concert. Our prayers are with all the families". Thank you.