daddy issues

TRIGGER WARNING: This story contains themes of family trauma, emotional abuse, and non-consensual behavior that may be distressing to some readers. Please take care of yourself while reading.  You can jump to the next chapter that is already up!!

If you relate to this in any shape or form, I'm so sorry, ILY and I'm so proud of you, my DMs are open!

 I was his firstborn.
My mom always says he was working hard to take us back to the United States...

At 8 years old, I found out that he replaced us, he had formed another family,  I thought I was his only kid until I was on my friend's Facebook, and found out that I had three whole siblings.

Then, my 12th birthday rolled around, and surprise, surprise, Dad's a no-show, but for ghosting me, he sent an email, saying he'll cover my expenses until I hit 21.

On my 13 bday, he agreed to take me out for lunch , it was the worst decision of my life, as we came back he told my mom saying I was impolite, and had no manners, and packed me off to boarding school, but he promised payments till I'm 25, we agreed.

At 16, I finally escaped that place and reunited with my mom. She met Steven that year, and they were so in love that when he proposed we had to leave Manhattan for California, of course, it was not easy, so I made a deal with Dad to visit him twice a month in Manhattan.

Steven was cool at first, but when Mom had Addelyn, he switched into this dad mode... and I never had a dad figure, so it stressed me out in a way that...

I  started to hang out with sketchy people and hit the bottle hard every day...but the good part is that I ended up meeting Andrea at a pre-party at a Chick-fil-A stop, I was so drunk, that she took me home and took care of me. 

After that night I started hanging with her every single day...her friendship brought me back to want to live life, at the time I didn't need my mom or Steve money, so I decided to move in with Andrea and start college, I would help with the bills and got to pay for my shit.

Last year, it was his 50 bday, so I decided to give him one last chance..He throw a huge party in Florida, we had a great time during the day, I thought he changed and we could finally have a relationship..but after the party, I was sleeping, in the same room as my little brothers and I woke up in the middle of the night with him touching my body..and when I try to defend myself he...he...

"Giulia.."

"It's alright" - I look up trying not to cry - "I came back home, and since that day he cut off our deal, he never helped me, and I couldn't tell my mom, I was broke, I didn't have the money to buy anything, but Andrea as the angel that she is...she let me stay with her, I dropped out of college and started working...and yeah, I never talked to my dad or heard about him till last year  when he started texting me stupid things and as I ignored he came to our house at 2 am trying to talk...

Andrea called the police but he ran, he told me that I was going to pay for being the ungrateful bitch that I am and that I was never going to get anything in life...but well I got you..so I pretty much won the lottery " - I took a deep breath and dry up my tears 

"I'm so sorry" - she looks at me bawling - "I didn't mean to make you remember all that"

"There's no need to be sorry.." - I get up and sit on her lap hugging her

"I love you - she says while tears stream down her face, wetting her cheeks as she tries to hold back sobs

"I love you too baby, so so much" - I gently dry her tears with my fingers - "I'm good okay? I couldn't be happier..thanks to you and your fam"

"You promise that if anything happens you're gonna tell me okay? Don't think twice, I'm here, for you, and I'll do everything for you"

"I promise B"- I lift her chin starting a kiss, a hurtful but emotional kiss 

"I'm so proud of you" - she says stopping the kiss - "And I'm so thankful that you told me that, thank you for trusting me"

Her eyes, reflecting the colors in the sky, were like a whole other show. We chatted a bit, just chill talking about life and dreams...

When the sun finally dropped out of sight, the sky turned into this epic painting of fiery oranges and deep purples. It was like the world just wanted to show off.

In that quiet moment, time felt like it hit pause. And yeah, it was kinda perfect. The night ended with sex in an expected and public place, where we put down our blankets, sealed under the beautiful sky, making a memory we'd both keep close.

And that's how it ended our first trip to Hawaii