Chapter 3: His Questions

Tutor with his head down, grabbing his hair while sitting on the couch, is what welcomes James, who came running to his best friend's condo during lunchtime after hearing their blockmates talk about how the other called out sick on a Monday morning.

"Tor, are you okay?" James asked as he approached his friend, who raised his head upon hearing him call out his name.

"I heard you called out sick today; is it serious?" he continues to ask as he touches his friend's and his own forehead, comparing their body temperatures. James frowned when Tor remained silent and just stared at his face before grabbing the wrist of his hand that was touching the other's forehead and putting it down. He couldn't help but feel even more worried when, instead of letting go of his wrist, the other just held onto him, showing no intention of letting go as he sat there soundlessly.

"Hey, you're worrying me. Did something happen? Are you okay?" James took the initiative to take his hand back before sitting beside his silent friend, who seemed to have been so consumed by his own problems that he couldn't even utter a word.

"We've been the best of friends for years, and I understand if you don't want to tell me anything, but just remember that I love you and I'm just here if you need someone to talk to. You've always been there for me whenever I needed you, so I want to do the same to you." The fair-skinned man, sensing his friend's hesitation to answer his question, sincerely said with a small smile as he patted his friend's back.

Tor, who was on the receiving end of James sincere words, pursed his lips as he ran his fingers through his messy raven locks. He heaved a sigh and was about to open his mouth to tell his friend everything, but was interrupted by a familiar voice.

"What's going on here?" Yim, a transfer student from the Faculty of Aviation who also happens to be Net's childhood friend, asked with a dissatisfied look, leaving James confused.

"How did you get in here?" The brown-haired medical student asked, simultaneously looking at Yim, standing by the door a few feet in front of them, and Tor, who was looking at the new arrival with guilt in his eyes that he failed to notice.

"Wouldn't it be weird if the friend had a copy of the key to this dorm and the boyfriend of the owner didn't?" Yim sarcastically responded.

"Boyfriend? Who? Tor?" James asked wide-eyed as he pointed his finger at his friend sitting beside him. "You're dating someone? Why didn't you tell me?" He directed his last two questions to the man sitting beside him, who just looked at him with uncertainty, seeming to be weighing his options.

James knew the man who just arrived, as he had been introduced to him by his lover as his childhood friend, but he still hasn't had the chance to get to know him better because he has always felt that the pale-skinned man is somewhat distant and doesn't really want to associate with him. It has only been a month since Yim transferred to their university in the middle of their last semester during their sophomore years, so he was left confused as to how on earth he would become his best friend's partner when nothing has been mentioned to him whenever they hang out. He looked at Tor, who met his gaze, anticipating his explanation. However, instead of answering his question, his friend just stands up and approaches the man, claiming to be his boyfriend.