An Encounter at Midnight

You open your eyes, waken by Grim talking in his sleep.

"Mmm. Didja see that..." Grim snores loudly. "Totally wrecked 'em with my power shot..."

You roll your eyes and get out of bed. Great. Grim's sleep talk has me wide awake. You grab a jacket and quietly walk into the foyer. Looking out a window, it looks pretty nice outside.

Opening the door, you make your way into the cool night air. A breeze blows across your face, making you shiver. You pull your jacket closer.

"Man it got cold."

Your mind wanders as you stare up at the stars. You wonder if any time has past in your home world. Does time move faster or slower? Has it been years since you last saw your family? These questions swirl in your mind in a never ending stream.

"I wonder if I'll ever be able to go home."

"Who's that over there?"

You jump at the mysterious voice, glancing around wildly. "Who's there?"

Fireflies light up all around you, creating a beautiful glow in the dark night. You turn around and bump into a tall stranger.

"Well, this is a surprise. A child of man, are you?"

He has black hair that's mostly cut mid-length, with long bangs and two longer sections that fall over his shoulders. He also has a small cowlick on the top of his head. The bottom ends of his hair fade into a dark turquoise color. He has bright green eyes, cat-like pupils and long eyelashes. His most unique features are his pointed, elf-like ears, and long black horns on the top of his head. He wears his school uniform but his vest is a vibrant green.

"Uhhh," This guy's got horns on his head!

"Do you live here?" The strange boy asks. "I was under the impression that this dorm had been abandoned for some time. I quite enjoy having a place where I could go to enjoy the peace of solitude."

"Who are you." You say in a quiet voice.

The boy tilts his head curiously. "Who am I? You really don't know who I am? Interesting. What is your name?"

You shake out of your stupor. "My name's Y/N. What is yours?"

"Y/N." The stranger test out your name. "An unusual name but a beautiful one. I am..."

The boy pauses, putting a hand to his chin. "No, never mind. I'd rather you remain unaware."

You tilt your head. "Why can't I know your name?"

"It's for your own benefit, I assure you. Instead, I will permit you to call me by a name of your choosing. Although..." the boy smiles at you. "you may one day regret it."

"O-okay."

"But alas... If you have taken up residence here, then this abandoned dorm is no longer abandoned."

The boy looks to your dorm. "Pity. I shall have to find some other ruins for my next nocturnal constitutional. Farewell."

Before he turns to leave, you take his hand in yours. He looks to you surprised, heck, you even surprised yourself.

"Uh, even though it's not abandoned anymore," you say. "you can always come back if you'd like."

The boy quirks an eye at you. A grin forming in his lips. "That is a most generous offer Y/N."

He holds your hand to his lips and he places a kiss along your knuckles. You feel your cheeks redden. The boy looks back up to you, slowly releasing your hand.