*Christmas Special* My True Prince

The gigantic ghosts swipes a hand at your group. Rook wraps his arms around you and dives to the ground with you landing on top him. The others quickly recover and fire spells at the ghost.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" You quickly try to untangle yourself. "Did I hurt you at all?"

Rook only laughs and helps you to your feet. "Ne t'inquiète pas ma belle." Rook smiles at you. "Your concern for others is truly beautiful."

You shyly rub your arm, feeling your cheeks redden. "I-"

You were interrupted as Puffy slams the group with his fists. Rook holds you close and shields you from the attack.

"I'm afraid we have to talk later, ma belle." Rook let's you go and looks to the rampaging ghost. "I have a quarry to hunt."

Rook takes off and stands next to Riddle as they all fire spells the ghost. With their combined efforts, Puffy is easily overwhelmed. He starts to shrink with every hit.

Ace smirks. "Finally got 'em! Take THAT!"

Puffy is knocked to the ground with Ace's final hit, now back to his normal size.

"Woohoo!" Grim cheers. "That's how it's done!"

Eliza's eyes widen and she puts her hands to her mouth. "Oh no! No!"

You run to the boys. "Are you guys okay?"

Riddle nods to you. "Yes. But what about you?"

Epel rushes to you, placing his hands on your cheeks as he checks for any injuries. "Are you hurt? Did that ghost hurt you at all?"

You laugh and place your hands over his. "I'm okay. I'm just fine."

Epel visibly relaxes. His eyes lock on yours for a moment. He blushes and steps back. "Good. Glad you're okay."

"There are no more guards." Ace looks around. "We should be able to get the Circle of Severance on her now."

Epel nods. "Let's finish this before she blows a gasket!"

"No, no, no..." Eliza shakes her head. Her gaze only focused on Puffy laying in the ground.

Ace pulls out the ring from his jacket pocket. "Any last words? You can say goodbye to your precious Idia if you-"

"Puffy!" Eliza rushes to the fallen ghost and holds one of his hands.

Everyone takes a step back in shock.

"Oh, Puffy..." Eliza sobs. "How could this happen? You took a beating defending me from those villains!"

"Wait, you're calling US villains?" Ace puts an indignant hand to his chest.

Puffy smiles softly, weakly raising a hand to Eliza's cheek. "Don't be sad, Princess. I always feel happy when you smile."

Puffy hands become more transparent, more so than they already are. It slowly moves from his hands to his arms.

"Puffy?" Eliza gasps. "Why are you fading away?"

"I fear I exhausted all my energy in that fight. Your Highness..." Puffy brushes a loose strand of Eliza's hair from her face. "I hope you'll always have reason to smile. I wish good fortune upon you. May you live happily ever after with your prince..."

"Oh no..." You step back, bumping into Rook. He holds onto your shoulders to help steady you.

Eliza shakes her head, holding onto Puffy's hand tightly. "No... No, don't leave me! Your support is what's carried me through all the hard times and helped me follow my dream! I need you!"