𝟏𝟔: 𝐈𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬

Target votes : 200 votes

I saw as Arhaan went to his office

I saw as Arhaan went to his office. It's been almost a week since we talked. He's been avoiding me, god knows why. Maybe it's best for us to maintain distance, but still, I don't think he's doing right by ignoring me or, I don't want him to.

I tried my best not to get in Arhaan's past, as he said. But I can't. There's no chance he'll tell me himself, so the only option is....sitting on the sofa in front of me.

"Maa" I said, she glanced at me before turning to her tv again. I don't understand how she dares to watch these dramatic weird serials. "I want to ask you something" I said sitting beside her. "What is it, Akshara?" She asked noticing the seriousness in my voice.

"About..what happened 5 years ago" the moment these words left my mouth, her face tightened. She held my hand tightly. "Akshara, Arhaan didn't really did it beli--" i cut her in the middle, "I know" even though Arhaan said that he did it. I don't believe it. she relaxed. "I don't know much about that incident, you better ask his father" hearing his father's name I tensed up.

"Akshara, he's really not a scary person as you're thinking of him" she told me. "He might be in his study room, go" she said. I stood up and walked there. I better ask Arhaan about it. But..it will pressurise his mind.

Why am I so nervous?

I knocked on the door. "Come in" I opened the door lightly and entered. He looked up at me from his laptop and raised a brow at me. "It's you!" He mumbled looking back at his laptop.

I walked there and looked at the chair in front of him. "Can I sit?" I asked. He looked up at me and suddenly, chuckled hard.

I shouldn't have come here..

"You didn't asked for anyone's permission before sitting beside my son in his marriage and now, you're asking for permission to sit on this chair? Sit sit" I tried my best to maintain a smile on my face. I sat.

"What it is?" He asked looking back at the screen. "I wanted to ask about what happened 5 years ago" I finally said it. He looked up from the screen again. "Why didn't you asked Arhaan?" He asked.

"Because I thought it'd not be good to pressure himself to think of what happened that day." I told him. "Atleast, you proved that you have did your MBBS course" I gave an awkward smile. There is no course required to understand this.

"What I know is.." he leaned back at his chair. "That day, In the middle of the night, Arhaan recieved a call from Vidyut. He asked him to come to his building, which was under construction, and as anyone would do, Arhaan rushed to him.