Brooks Corp

Dominique&Xavier

I speed walk to the car hoping that I am on time for this job interview. I may have oversleep but it's not my fault. My alarm just happened to get silenced. Oops, anyway I applied to work at Brooks Corp.

It's a sports medicine company and I've been trying to get an interview there for almost a year. Now is my time to shine, even though it is just an assistant position I can't mess this up by being late. I'm hoping to start my way as an assistant and move my way up.

Time passes and I finally read the tall building with 10 minutes to spare yay me. I walk up to the reception desk ready for her to take my name. "Hello, my name is Dominique Richards and I'm here for the assistant position." she gives me a brief look and says "Yes, Ms.Richards for 11:45 am."

I nod my head excitedly while she hands me a pass and instructs me to the elevator. I get off at the 14th floor and see a whole bunch of other women waiting. Lots of them look like they are dressed for a fashion show and now I start to second guess my outfit.

"Dominique Richards. Is there anyone here by the name of Dominique Richards?"

I jump when I realize that my name is being called. It was embarrassing because I stumbled a little bit. Everyone was staring at me, some were even laughing. Yeah, it seems like we're off to a great start huh?

I follow behind the lady to a set of giant office doors. I see the name on the door says Xavier Wright but I don't pay it too much attention.

The lady leaves me to knock on the door. At first, I didn't hear anything so I knocked again, and this time I heard a deep voice say "Come in."

I walked into the office taking in the nude tones. I like it a lot. I finally land my eyes on the gentleman in the chair and my breath hitches. I know that face. Like I know this face very well.

"X-Xavier I- " I don't even know what to say. If you had asked me earlier this morning if I had expected to see the face of my ex-boyfriend I would have confidently said no. but I ain't too confident no more.

He just looks at me with no emotion. I can't tell you what he's thinking at that messes with my head.

"Miss Richards, I see that you have applied for the position of my personal assistant. Is that correct?" I nod my head. "Okay let's begin shall we."

"Why do you want this job, Ms.Richards?"

"Well, I went to school for sports medicine and got my degree for it a few years ago. I am well educated in the field but also in your company and all that you provide to sports teams. I have also worked with smaller sports medicine companies. So, I have an understanding of what my job will intel. "

"Do you think you can handle this job? It gets pretty tough and some like to leave when things get tough."

I feel that was a jab towards me but I ignored it and just answered the question. "Yes, I do think that I can handle it. Hard work is tough and I'm willing to put that energy into this job."

"Really now. You couldn't put that energy 3 years ago but you can put it now. That's interesting really."

"Xavier I kno-"

"No no no, you don't get to address me by my first name. We are not friends, we are nothing and you made sure of that when you left me when things got tough. You left without even a goodbye or a kiss on the forehead."

He takes a deep breath and continues.

"You couldn't even leave me a goddamn note, Dominique. " he laughs but it holds no humor at all.

"Did I mean that little to you Nique? Did I?"

I hang my head in shame because what could I truly say? I did exactly what he said, I left and didn't even say why.

I look at him and all I can see is the hurt I caused.

He shakes his head and speaks "Please leave Ms.Richards I think this concludes your interview. You will receive a call whether you got the job or not. Have a nice day."

"Thank you."

I leave with nothing but guilt but also determination. I will make this right with Xavier and me. I need him to know the full extent of why I did what I did. I just hope he can forgive me.

Xavier Darnell Wright I never forgot about you.

Does Xavier have a right to feel hurt?

Why do you think Dominique left?

Cliffhanger????? Should I give you guys a part 2?