Surprise

Willow&Nicholas

Today marks my 38th week of pregnancy and I'm so exhausted. Being pregnant is not easy and it takes a lot out of me. This is my second kid so I have already been through the pregnancy journey once before.

The thing is with this pregnancy everything is different. For example, my belly is significantly larger than it was with my first pregnancy. Another thing is I feel like I have to eat 4x as much food as I did with my first baby.

I have told all these things to my husband Nicholas and he just said that maybe this will just be a chubby baby. Our daughter weighed 8lb and 2 ounces when she was born. She was a bit overweight according to the doctors but she was still very healthy.

Melanie Raya Levvy, our first baby is 4 years old and can't wait to be a big sister. She is so excited and hopes the new baby is a girl because she wants a sister.

She gets pretty lonely playing by herself. We have a family dog that takes away some of that loneliness, plus Nick and I spend as much time as we can with her but she just really wants a sibling so to say she's over the moon is an understatement.

It's around 7:45 in the evening when Nick comes home from work. He greets me in the kitchen and then goes to say hi to his daughter.

When he comes back down we start to talk about our day when I feel the baby give me a powerful kick

"Ow"

"What's wrong, are you okay?"

"Yeah, the baby just kicked hard. Plus I've been having contractions all day, but they are just Braxton hicks."

"Are you sure that's what they are? We can go to the hospital now if we need to. "

"I'm positive I'm okay honey, now let's eat dinner."

He calls for Mel to come down to eat and after a few seconds, we hear the pitter-patter of tiny feet.

Nicholas tells me to sit while he dishes up the food. Once seated Melanie starts the tell her dad about her day.

"Daddy, today I took Sprarkle into the yard and he chased me. It was so fun."

Yes, our dog's name is Sparkle and he loves it.

"Then he started to eat the grass and I told him to stop because that's gross but he didn't. Then mommy made me lunch and it was yummy. I had a salami sandwich with Cheez-Its. "

Nick's face grimaced a little because he wasn't too fond of salami or cheez-its but those were two of my intense cravings when I was pregnant with Mel, so I guess that's why she loves them so much.

After we finish dinner we go to the living room to watch some movies. Once Melanie goes to sleep we take her to her room. It's around 11:00 when Nicholas and I get to bed.

We snuggle up against each other and say good night. But it's only a few hours later when I'm woken up by the baby's kicking.

" Please stop baby I just want to sleep," I say well rubbing my belly.

The baby doesn't stop kicking so I get the idea to get out of bed and try to walk around to see if that will calm the baby down.

But as soon as I get up and begin walking to the door I feel a gush of water come down my legs.

"Oh crap"

I shuffle over to Nick to go and wake him up. I tried tapping him but he didn't wake up.

"NICK" I slightly yell which has him jumping up out of his sleep.