Chapter 2

After your first few classes, you had become accustomed to the crowd of students attaching themselves to you to merely observe or introduce one another to you.

It became absurd when you noticed a third year or two join the few that came up to your locker to watch you select the books you'd need for your next class.

You sighed and glared at them, letting them know their staring was not appreciated before flicking your wrist, your textbook for Runic and applied magic flying out and into your hand.

Turning around abruptly, you smacked your staff against the wooden fixture, slamming the locker door shut and placing a protective seal over it.

You began your walk to the classroom before realizing that you wouldn't need to take this class since you had gotten a degree for runic magic three years ago.

“There's still the aspect of applied magic, though.... Should I go? I could take a break or go to class.... If I go, will the chances of finding Minoru lessen?”

You stopped short, giving it thought for a moment or two before deciding you'd go.

“He's probably a first year here too, so we should have most classes together”

With a grumble and a little foot stomping, you kept moving, heading towards the classroom as you came to terms with the fact that it would be easier to find Minoru if you searched every general class you had together.

“Gotta get to class, then.” you let your textbooks go, the books opening and floating in front of you as you skimmed through the pages, your eyes running through the words with intense concentration.

You heard Alexia call out to you, her voice seemingly somewhat smug.

“Aria, you came! Here, look at my boyfriend, isn't he-”

“Introduce us after class, Alexia. I'm sorta busy right now” you brushed past her and the boy, giving him nothing but a glance as you continued reading your applied magic textbook, only for you to pause, turning around to find him staring right back at you even as Alexia dragged him away.

Running back over to them, you noticed he turned away from you, his gaze now focused on the princess as his hair covered his eyes.

You stopped yourself just before you grabbed his arm, putting your hand down and sighing as you stalked down the hallway to your class, your books now cradled to your chest.

“Maybe he doesn't recognize me anymore...... Is it possible he lost his memories? Or maybe I look different? It's just my eyes that are red, and he's seen me with red eyes on Earth too.”

You gripped onto your staff even tighter, frustration painting your facial features.

“Was that even him? What if it's just me being hopeful....?”

Unbeknownst to you, there was a shadow garden soldier tailing you as you went into your next class, her blonde hair and elven ears were the only indicator that she was one of the seven.

- -

You found your way out of the class, sighing as you tugged down your hat over your eyes, somewhat frustrated that you had to actually teach the class since the teacher couldn't explain the damn concept of elemental magic.

“The simplest thing ever and you can't explain how to do it. How did you even qualify for this job??”

You slammed your locker shut, walking towards the stairs that led to the roof as you felt a presence behind you.