03, 𝗠𝗲𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗠𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿

Beth sat in shock on the chair. Derek's mother was coming to Seattle and she was freaking out. There was a knock at the door. She opened it to see Alex, Meredith, Izzie and Sadie there. "What are you all doing here?" She asked.

"You're freaking out. So we're here for support. You think you'd be okay with mothers considering you have a good one," Meredith said.

Beth shook her head. "No. My mother is adulterous. Mothers usually tend to avoid me. I can't physically do this."

Alex smirked as he looked to Beth. "10 bucks says she tanks in the first 5 minutes," he said.

Sadie shook her head. "I have faith in Beth. She'll make a good impression."

Alex rolled his eyes. He looked to Sadie. "She's holding that bottle of tequila like it's a life vest."

"Beth, don't listen to them. She's gonna love you," George said as he looked around.

Beth shook her head. "No. Mothers don't love me. Mothers like bright and bubbly and happy and ... Izzie. Mothers love Izzie," she told them. She was freaking.

"They do. Mothers do love Izzie," Izzie said as she looked to her.

"Uh, I stashed all the tequila, took the cоndоm out of the cookie jar. I also replaced all your trashy magazines with back issues of the "annals of surgery," okay?" Izzie said. She looked around. "I notice Mia isn't here. Too busy fawning over Sloan."

Grace ignored them. "Does it smell musty in here?" She asked.

"My mom's house smells like peppermint. It's so homey."

"My house isn't homey?" Beth asked as she turned to Meredith. "My house isn't homey?"

"I feel at home," Izzie said.

Alex shook his head. "I was raised in a hellhole. This place is a palace," he said. He needed to make Beth feel better.

Beth turned to George. "Why isn't my house homey, George?" She asked.

"I can't explain it. It's just a feeling."

Beth shook her head. "Well, Izzie can't fix a feeling! I need tequila," she mumbled.

"She is freaking out, people. Just tell her something I can fix."

Alex smirked and looked to her. "Rebecca peed on that couch cushion," he told her.

"I've been sleeping there for weeks."

Beth smiled. "Thanks, Alex. You're ... a good friend," she said. She groaned. "I actually can't do this. I'm dumping Derek and moving to Arkansas. No one knows me there. I don't have to have uncomfortable meetings. Oh my god, if my mom had stayed married, she would have been my step gran... this is so weird."

"Don't say it like that."

"How else am I supposed to say it? I'm freaking out people," Beth said.

****

Mia looked to Beth and frowned. "Wow. Izzie destroyed you," she said.

"She came to my apartment last night. And cleaned it. I didn't know I had condoms in my cookie jar," Beth said.

"Yeah you're freaking out. It's fine. You're gonna be fine," Mia said.

****

Outside of Mr Dunn's room Derek walked over to Beth and Mia. "You're wearing an alarmingly high ponytail," he said as he looked to Beth.

Beth nodded. "Your mother is coming," she said. She saw the grin on Derek's face and knew he was taking delight in this.