THE GOLDEN AGE

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰 𝒍𝒂𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒆𝒇𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰 𝒄𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒅
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Aurora Crane. A name the majority of people in the Capitol are familiar with. She isn't only the orphan of Titus and Vesta Crane, who died during the war, but also the niece of Theus and Pandora Crane, which means that her name screams money.

And money is certainly something the Cranes don't lack, at least not anymore. The travel industry is picking up again and slowly, but steady the Cranes are on their way back to their former luxuries. Otherwise they wouldn't be living in their Penthouse on the Corso with their golden laced marble tiles.

Aurora would lie if she said that she hates the luxuries, the life in the high society of the Capitol, on the contrary actually, because getting the luxuries back means getting farther away from the war.

The Dark Days, people call them. A time in her life in which she hungered, in which she truly knew what hunger really was, and in which she saw the dark side of humanity. Or shortly, a time in her life that she desperately wants to forget.

It's been ten years now since the war has ended, ten years in which peace should have reigned Panem. But with every year that passed a new reminder of the gruesome war arrived. The Hunger Games.

She was successful in avoiding watching the horrid event, not really getting the fascination that came with seeing children slaughter each other. It only took her back to the war.

And even though the children that are put in the arena year after year are from the districts (and therefore way below her she was told) she couldn't help but feel bad for them. But knowing her districts-hating family, she would never say that out loud.

Things change when the end of her senior year arrives. As one of the Academy's twenty four top students, she has the honor to mentor a tribute in the tenth Hunger Games. It is her final graded project before graduation and her aunt and uncle expect only the best from her.

Her cousin Arachne is thrilled about that, of course. But Aurora dreads the Reaping Day. And as the Games roll along, she is able to look closer behind the grotesque façade of the Capitol.

Or maybe it is Sejanus Plinth, a district boy who has made his way to the Capitol after the war, who opens her eyes fully.

Aurora soon finds herself in more than one conflicted situation. How does love find its place in a time of death? How can she be loyal to her own family when they support the wrong causes? And since when is having an opinion dangerous?

KHOSI NGEMA
as
AURORA CRANE

JOSH ANDRÉS RIVERA as SEJANUS PLINTH

(in case you wanna listen to the songs that remind me of Aurora and/or Sejanus)

disclaimer

All rights to the story and the characters (besides the ones I created) belong to Suzanne Collins. I found the pictures on Pinterest, so the rights to those obviously belong to their rightful owners. This story mentions death, gore, violence, (mild) substance abuse, and thoughts about death.

This story is mostly based on the book.

My boy Sejanus deserved so much better.

2023 • moonlightmickey