010. a broken pinky

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
CHAPTER TEN
A BROKEN PINKY
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

PANDORA AND THEUS hadn't let the girl out of her sight the rest of the weekend. She had come home with a few minor injuries, a few cuts on her face from flying stone and metal pieces and a broken pinky finger. But it could've been much worse than that.

The Ring twins had died during the bombings and with them their tributes. Coryo, Gaius Breen, and Androcles Anderson had been hospitalized and at least Gaius was still in a critical condition. Everyone that had been present that Saturday in the arena had needed some sort of medical care.

Aurora didn't know if Sol was alright or what had happened to Hy. Dennis was fine, though.

It was now Monday and Aurora got ready for a trip to the hospital to visit Coryo. Classes at the Academy had been cancelled for the day, but the funeral for the twins would take place on the following day.

Aurora sighed loudly, she didn't know that she had always depended so much on her pinky finger. But now that it was wrapped in a cast, she felt almost helpless.

And then there was the fact that another funeral was to be held. She hadn't been close to the twins, but she had liked them, everyone had. They had been the type of people to instantly lighten up the mood by simply being present.

Her skin was dull and the dark circles under her eyes a reminder of the past days and nights that she had spent wide awake. Every time she had closed her eyes to try to at least get a few hours of sleep, she had been back at the arena, back in the war, back in the zoo.

Why were they even continuing the Games? More children had died, mentors and tributes alike and once again the Games hadn't even started yet.

Arriving at the hospital with the hot afternoon sun burning down on her, she breathed in deeply again. Her pinky finger was itching, leading her to sigh.

"Aurora?" The voice was full of surprise and as she turned around to look who it belonged to, she blinked at the sun, using her hand to shield her eyes from it.

Why am I always looking at the sun? She wondered.

"Sejanus?" She asked back as she recognized the boy. He seemed to be uninjured, aside from a small cut on his forehead.

He smiled at her shyly.
"How are you? I came by to visit you, but your aunt didn't let me in."

They walked up the stairs to the hospital's entrance and she looked at him confusedly. Why would he wanna visit her?

"Oh, really?" She gave back in a mumble. "I'm fine, though, I mean, as fine as you can be after what happened the last week. Oh, and my pinky finger is broken."

She held up her hand to confirm her story and let out a chuckle at that, how absurd it seemed in comparison to everything else.
"But what about you? How are you?"

They came to a stop at the reception, waiting for the woman to notice them so that they could ask in which room Coriolanus was in.

"That's the only thing that happened to me." He pointed at the cut on his forehead when they were already in the elevator.

"That's great," she gave back and relief flooded through her. They might not been close, but she was glad that nothing had happened to him.