024. when you know, you know

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
WHEN YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

SHE HAD SNEAKED out of the penthouse and had ordered her driver to drop her off at the Plinths' place. An Avox dressed in a maid's outfit opened the door and Aurora followed her into the apartment.

The woman made a gesture that told her she should keep walking down the hall, but she was hesitating. It was the middle of the day, she showed up unexpectedly, and she was already spending so much time here anyways.

What if she was annoying?

Mrs. Plinth rushed towards her, with open arms, and greeted her with a hug in the middle of the hallway.

No, Aurora didn't need to worry about being annoying or bothering the Plinths. She was welcome here anytime.

"Aurora, sweetie, it's good to see you," she said after letting go of her. Those words painted a smile on the girl's face.

"It's good to see you too." Her eyes landed on Mr. Plinth, who was standing in one of the doorways a little farther away.

She had expected him to be in his office, it was midday after all. But here he was now, rushing towards them as his wife turned around and gestured him to come over.

"Strabo, this is Aurora, Sejanus's girlfriend," Mrs. Plinth introduced the girl. She beamed while saying the words and Aurora couldn't help but feel sad as she thought about her aunt's reaction.

Pandora Crane would probably never be happy to welcome the boy into her home.

"It's good to meet you, Sir, I hope I'm not bothering," she said while putting on her polite smile and shook the man's hand. She thought it to be weird to have never met him before, considering that she'd spent some time here in the last weeks.

He barely nodded, his face still being stern. Could he even smile?

"Crane, right? Your father was Titus Crane," he gave back.

She frowned at that. She couldn't imagine that her father's and Strabo Plinth's paths had ever crossed.

"Yes," she agreed.

He nodded again.
"Crassus Snow told me about him before the war, said that he's a good man. One who fought for what he believed in."

"He became a soldier during the war. He and Mr. Snow died together," Aurora added. Her father had been a man with strong beliefs, just like her mother, but sadly, those beliefs had differed from her own.

"I take after my mother, she was also a defender of her beliefs," she concluded. She didn't know why, but it was important to her that they knew that she wasn't like her father.

Aurora could never be a soldier, never carry a gun, never shoot at something or someone. She liked to think that her words would someday become her weapons.

"I'm sorry to hear that she has also passed," he remarked.

The girl nodded quickly and looked back at Mrs. Plinth, who took a deep breath.

"I think that's enough, Strabo, she didn't come here to talk with us about her family, isn't that right, Aurora? She came here to see our boy." The woman smiled brightly at her to which Aurora only kept nodding.