027. love

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
LOVE
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

IT FELT GOOD to finally be able to move her pinky finger again. It had gotten claustrophobic in that cast during the last days and not being able to scratch her itching finger had almost driven her insane.

Aurora Crane was impatiently waiting for the mail to arrive. Why did it take so long for a simple letter to arrive anyway?

"Good morning, Aurora," Theus greeted her as he walked into the kitchen. He was on his way to work and grabbed an apple from the fruit basket on the kitchen island.

"Good morning, Uncle," she gave back with a wide smile. She had spent hours the previous day convincing him that his plans for a new luxury hotel in District Four were foolish.

"There are too many already," she had told him, "why don't we go for the mountains in District Two? It's a new branch of business, not everyone wants to see the ocean."

He had agreed, surprisingly, and was now on his way to meet with one of his partners to find a good spot in District Two. He had also told her that she should think about getting a degree in business, just like he had done, but she didn't even need to think about that.

She would study medicine with Lysistrata and become someone who brings something good into this grim world. It would certainly make her mother proud if she were still here.

"See you later," he said while walking out the kitchen door with the apple in his hand. Uncle Theus wasn't much of a breakfast person.

"Good luck!" She called after him before emptying her cup of tea.

She needed to get ready to meet Lyssie and Clemmie. The three wanted to spend a day in the city, just carefree walking around the various shops and enjoy their last summer days.

Although it was still the middle of August, the temperatures had dropped and the summer was saying goodbye already. It was sad, she was beginning to dread the cold days of winter.

She stopped in their entry hall, which was nowhere near her room, and actually found a few envelops laying on the floor. Mail must have just gotten here, right after Theus had left.

A few letters for her aunt and uncle, one for Achilles, weird, and one for her!

She opened it quickly, her heart beating faster, she couldn't wait another second to read his response to her letter.

My dear Rory,

Looks like we're both gonna be in the medical field (if they'd finally agree to take me in). I know that you'd make a great doctor.

I'm happy to hear that you're friends with the others again. I think I would go insane without Coryo by my side. Our bunk mates are fine, but they don't get me the way he does.

And since I can't have you by my side (which would make everything a hundred times better) at least I'm lucky to have him. He told me to write you a Hello from him, he's too busy studying for a test to write you a letter himself.

Remember what I told you all those weeks ago? That I've never seen a sky as blue as back home in Two? The one here comes close and I wish you could see it.