06

I HATE COLLEGE

I HATE COLLEGE.

Granted I've never even attended one and for good reason. College is a scam. They spend most of your childhood telling you about how important it is and how you have to go to be successful when in reality the average person who attends college ends up in debt for the next thirty-plus years of their life and by the time they pay it off they're one foot into their grave when the realization that they've spent the majority of their paying a bills for a piece of paper they left sitting in storage. My father tried his best to get me to go and said it'd be better for me than any of the things I was interested in. He was wrong, so terribly wrong.

If I would've gone when he told me to a lot of shit would be different around here and I'm not just talking about our household. The entire city of New York would feel like a parallel world if I had gone to college instead of staying home to help out my father. While most eighteen-year-olds worry about grade point averages and college acceptance letters I was flying overseas to meet with cartel leaders to discuss the drug trade. My exams were learning the language and cultural norms of different countries so I could converse with their biggest criminals or kill them — depending on the day.

I didn't have a normal upbringing like most people. Even with all the money, all the private schools, and the countless gifts at the snap of a finger, my life has been anything but average from the time I was able to hold a gun in my hands at the ripe age of seven.

I guess that's why my father tried his hardest to make sure my siblings had the typical ordinary life when it came to their upbringing and it worked out for the most part. My sister Allure went to college, some fancy fashion school in London. She lived a life like a normal girl until I had to ask her to get married. Do you know how uncomfortable is to ask your younger sister to marry someone she's never met? Very. It's very uncomfortable but it's something that had to be done and Allure knows that which is why she went through with it without much hesitation. Her only request was that she meet the guy beforehand. I complied and flew the Russian bastard over and we forged an alliance that day.

Out of all of my father's children, Allure is the bravest. I tell her that all the time though she just laughs and brushes it off. "Just doing my duty as a Bellerose." She always says.

The youngest Enzo however, is not so compliant like our sister. He's the complete opposite. Despite having the most freedom out of all of us he still someone manages to fuck shit up. When he randomly decided he wanted to go to school to study fucking music my father let him, and paid his tuition in full and now we get calls and emails almost every day about how Enzo hasn't been seen in any of his classes in weeks. He hasn't been home either which stresses Father out even more when Enzo knows that's the last thing he needs right now.

"Fucking idiot," I mumbled my thoughts aloud as I watch my little brother send me to voicemail once again. He's such a fucking pain in the ass. I shake my head shoving my phone back as I walk around this stupid college campus. I shouldn't even have to be doing this. If he would just answer the phone and I tell him which building and apartment number to go to he could simply ask one of his fellow college students for the hard drive. There's a password on it so there's no doubt that Kylo guy has it just sitting around on his desk or whatever college students have in their damn rooms.