stepping over the line (shattering a mindless perspective)

Author's Notes: Guys they're fucking meeting and Tom finds out. 

This chapter is super late, and only 5K words, but it was also dependent on me publishing the chapter of my other story. And then I almost had it written out and then realized I had the biggest plot-hole so I have to rewrite this entire chapter 😤 but it's here and I'm excited for everybody's thoughts!

Also, a lot of it was (re)written with talk-to-text because I hurt one of my hands so couldn't type too well and then had to edit all the mistakes so if you see any mistakes, that's probably what it was.

The next chapter is already planned out and I'm hoping so hard that I can get it done within a week... but we'll see how that actually works out. I'm on Thanksgiving Break atm so hopefully I'll get to post one more chapter before I'm shoved back into school.

Parseltongue

Chapter 14

stepping over the line (shattering a mindless perspective)

Narcissa flicks her wand and a roll of parchment appears in front of her, along with it is a quill. The quill moves across the parchment as she takes a small, elegant, sip of tea. "So," she says as the quill comes to a stop, "the meeting is initiated by Lord Potter to Lord Gaunt—the negotiation states the House of Black the neutral party with its... history and natural conflict of interests with the Lord, Lord-Heir, and some members."

Her voice is soft, gentle, but her eyes are stern. "The negotiation of terms is the first thing to be done. However, I will read out the ideal wishes of each. If there is anything that must be said, discussed, after the treaty is signed." Harry nods in acknowledgement as Narcissa reads.

"From Lord Potter, Lord-Heir Black: No harmful actions against him and his allies, including but not limited to Miss Hermione Granger, Mr. Ron Weasley, Lord Black, Master Remus Lupin, Lady-Heiress Lovegood, and other unspecified ones for their safety." Narcissa pauses and looks up at Harry for a moment. He stares back at her neutrally.

Yes, that is fucking correct. I cannot tell you their names because otherwise their safety would be compromised.

Even if I have no idea if some of them are my actual allies are not.

"No violence done against those of his House by the Dark Lord or his followers; cease capture of muggles and muggle-borns.

"From Lord Gaunt: Lord Potter and his allies will not turn their wand against him or his followers; he will announce, publicly, his removal from the war; he will cease any and all contact that he may have with Dumbledore and his associates."

Narcissa looked back up and set the parchment down on her lap. "Are these terms agreeable? State negotiations now please—if elaboration is needed, then it must be given."

Harry mulled over Riddle's few terms. They were very broad and didn't feel as strict as he thought they were going to be.

"What do you wish to gain from this, Lord Potter?" Riddle asked, leaning back into his chair in a faux casualness. His fingers were tense and he twirls his wand through his fingers. "This is not something that I ever would have expected from you."

Harry paused.

Say nothing but make it seem like it's everything , Sirius had said.

"We have a... common dislike," Harry said lightly.

"Who?"

Harry steeled himself, settling himself behind his Occlumency shields so that his emotions didn't touch him. It was easier to keep his face controlled. "Albus Dumbledore."