This is Crazy

"This is crazy Calypso...you are loosing your mind!!" These where her inner thoughts as she got ready the next morning. As she brushed her hair into a high ponytail, she was re reading her text thread from last night, just to make sure she was reading this correctly.

Calypso: Your sister claws really dug deep, but that's not a reflection on you

Veneer: Omg!! You texted back!! It nice to hear from you again. I'm sorry for my sister, but I'm so happy I get a chance.

Veneer: Wow that sounded really desperate. Let me try again.... It's great to hear from you again. I'm sorry my sisters crazy, and grateful you contacted me

Calypso: Lol. You are fine. How was the rest of the night?

Veneer: It was insane. We went on for 8 on cores, and one guy had to get dragged out because he tried to jump the stage twice! He really wanted my sister phone number!

Calypso: oh wow, I'm almost sad I missed out. But, my brother was my only ride.

Veneer: are you coming back today? Vel and i don't have a performance until later on in the day. I could show you this coffee shop near by. Best vanilla lattes on Mount Rageous!! ☕️

Calypso: I will be there today. I guess I could take a break from playing to get a coffee. Your treat 😉

Veneer: you got it. See you soon star

Calypso couldn't believe it. She has a conversation with one of Mount Rageous upcoming stars, and now she is going to have coffee with him. What is going on!!

As she was adjusting her eyeliner, her brother slammed open the door pillow at the ready. "You know what time it is.." That was until Alistor noticed his sister wasn't in bed. "What the..your already out of bed, and getting ready...without being forced out of bed?!" He leaned against the door frame, completely in shock as he watched his sister finish up her eyeliner. "Who are you and what have you done with my little storm?!"

"Haha" she mouthed to her brother, as she grabbed her parents rings, secured them around her neck, and placed the necklace rings under her cosmic tank top.

Her brother was perplexed. He stood there, mulling over in his head any possible reason his sister could do a 180 over one nigh... Then it hit him.

He looked into his sister vanity mirror, waiting for her to notice his gaze as she adjusted her bracelets in the mirror. When she checked to make sure her eyeliner wasn't ruined, that's when she noticed the goofy smile on her brothers face.

"What" she mouthed to her brother reflection as she put her blue gem earnings on.

He took a long, exaggerated step forward, making sure to put his whole body into the motion. "This wouldn't have anything to do with that friend you made last night...would it?" Alistor wasn't stupid, part of his job was to be able to read people to see their true intentions, you could call him a living lie detector. Trickle of sweat, breath caught in throat, pupils dilated, avoiding eyes contact, Calypso is checking everyone one of his boxes. And that proved it, he hit it right on the head.

"Who is he," he asked bluntly, crossing his arms with a triumphant smile on his face. Calypso didn't want to talk about it, she didn't want to get her hopes up. She just made a friend, the first one in...a long time. She didn't want to ruin it, and that included her over protective brother inserting himself into it.

"Look" she signed, grabbing her case and looking him dead in the eye. "He is nice, the first nice person who has acknowledged my potential and sees the same connection I make with people that I see...what mom and dad knew I could do..." she took a moment, adjusting the strap on her case to calm herself, her parents were always a touchy subject for the both of them. "I don't want to make a big deal out of this. He gave me his number and we are getting coffee. So please, big bro, do not make this a big deal. Please."