People are Strange

"So let me get this straight," Calypso questioned, her hands on her hips and a menacing glare that was directed at her brother and boyfriend, who visibly looked nervous. "You two are having a guys' night?"

                   "That is correct," Alistor confirmed a cool expression on his face. However, Veneer's grin looked like it was causing him immense pain the way it stretched from ear to ear.

                    "Is it hard to believe that your boyfriend wants to hang out with your cool older brother," Veneer added, laughing as he playfully punched Alistor in the shoulder. Alistor glanced over at the bumbling buffoon with a side glare, he sucks at lying.

                  Calypso placed a finger on her chin, deciphering each statement carefully. The two of them have been really close lately, almost like they were brothers. But, of course, both of them were being awfully cryptic about their plans. Calypso placed her hand down, as she began berating the two with questions.

                   "Where are you going?"

                    "BoomBox, maybe another club if we feel like it?"

                    "Who's performing tonight?"

                     "K-Pop sisters, some foreign troll band."

                      "How long will you be gone?"

                     "Probably won't be home till later tonight, midnight at the latest?"

            Calypso glared at her brother while he only smirked. He had an answer to everything, and he was good at hiding his tell. But, she knew Veneer was, as he said, like a gapping novel. She turned her sights to her loving boyfriend, a sinister grin forming as she raised her eyebrow. Veneer swallowed a lump in his throat, a bead of sweat dripping down his face.

                  "Veneer?" she sang, walking closer to him, gently brushing her fingertips against his collarbone. She pushed her brother away with her foot so he couldn't interfere with her interrogation. Then, draped her arms around the green-haired teen's shoulders, gazing deeply into his eyes. "What are you guys really doing tonight?"

               Veneer was locked in his girlfriend's gaze. Her icy blue orbs pleaded for him to reveal his secrets. He could stare into them for hours, but he didn't have that time. He looked toward Alistor, who was shaking his hand next to his chin, signaling him not to blow it. Don't do it, he saw Alistor mouth. Then he looked back at Calypso, her eyes still glistening with anticipation. Veneer couldn't take it anymore, he broke.

             "Listen, Star Shine," Veneer began, seeing Alistor grabbing his hair in the background. "You know I can't lie to you. So, I'm going to be honest with you." He saw Alistor throw his hands up in the air, amazed at how easily Veneer was giving up on their plan.

            "We are going to the BoomBox, but we are not going to watch the K-pop sisters, we are going to check the safety measures," Veneer stated, earning a confused stare from both Gleam siblings. "Mr.Bullard had messaged me asking if you and I would perform on the BoomBox stage. I told him that it might happen under two conditions. One, myself and your brother did a thorough sweep of the BoomBox, top to bottom, for any possible places for people to sneak in. And, two, if you were okay with it." 

                Calypso's facial expression became more calm the more she listened to him explain. "I wanted to make sure you were safe before I even asked you about it. You mean so much to me, I didn't want your safety to be a reason you had to pass up on being on that stage. I want your decision to be solely your decision." Calypso beamed at his words. She tightened her arms that were around his neck, bringing him in for a tight embrace.