Take the leap

It's been about a year since Vance and Harley were finally sent away for good. The city of Mount Rageous all took a collective sigh of relief when they heard the two psycho brother were shipped miles away. Finally the city could rest in peace knowing the devilish duo that was  tormenting their favorite starlight couple were finally gone. Which, in turn, allowed that favorite musical couple to rise once more. Not even a month after the BoomBox incident, Calypso and Veneer returned to the lime light, regaining their rightful spot, in each other's arms. The first time they appeared in font of the Calypso's normal spot, 1,000 of people flocked, many emotions coming with them. They may not realize this, but the Mount Rageons have developed a strong connection with the young couple. They saw the emended potential and perseverance these two shared. They were true inspirations to all, young and old, rich or poor. So, the city thought it was finally time to show the tantalizing duo how much they mean to them.
————————————————————————
That's right Rageons Kid Ritz shouted to the screen in just one minute, we will have the two that have captured our city by heart, the tantalizing due, Calypso and Veneer, live.
        Calypso fiddled with the pull strings of her cosmic long sleeve crop top, her nerves hitting over drive. She just started getting use to crowds, but this was her first time being on national television. She sucked in a deep breath , counting down from three when she felt a reassuring squeeze on her shoulder.
        "I know that feeling," she heard Veneer chuckle, "Your heart going a mile a minute, wanting to vomit and pass out at the same time."
         "You're not helping," Calypso breathed out, trying to focus. She heard a light chuckle followed by a soft kiss to the top of her head.
          "But you have nothing to worry about," he reassured, grabbing her hand. "Because the city loves you." Calypso looked up at her boyfriend, giving him a thankful smile as she heard Little Ritz announce.
        "And as promised, here they are. CALYPSO AND VENEER!" The in house crowd cheered as they watched the super stars walk across the stage, hand in hand. Veneer, being the gentleman he is, guide Calypso into her seat before resting comfortably into his own.
          "Let me start by saying how much of an honor it is to have you two," Lil Ritz stated, barely able to hold in his excitement. "I have always wanted to meet you Ms. Gleam!"
        "Oh please," Calypso chuckled nervously. "Call me Calypso."
         Lil Ritz squealed, unable to contain his excitement. "I just have to say, I have been in love with you guys since the beginning!!! I mean just look!" He gestured to the big screen, as pictures of the couple flooded the screen. The first one was a picture of them from their first performance, Calypso's favorite picture. "Your chemistry is amazing." He swiped up on his tablet, showing picture of them kissing the night Veneer forced Calypso out of the house. "Your devotion to one another is intoxicating." Veneer placed his hand on Calypso's hand as the a picture of her calling Harley out at the BoomBox filled the screen. "And no matter what insane hurtles were thrown your way." He quickly filled through a couple of pictures, one of them from the yauth, when they embraced after finally reuniting. Then a picture Velvet had posted when they fell asleep, cuddling each other in the hospital bed. A collective awe sounded as Lil Ritz whipped away a tear. "You guys always persevere, and never give up on each other. So I know I'm not the only one wondering when I ask, what is your secret?"
Calypso and Veneer glanced over at each other, exchanging a silent conversation before Calypso began, "we don't know ourselves." The audience gasped.
"Yeah," Veneer chimed in, resting his head on the two arm rest, starting at his beautiful star shine as he spoke. "We just made a connection. And my life has been amazing ever since."
"Diddo song bird," Calypso giggled, placing a small kiss on his nose. The crowd all awed at the interaction. Poor Lil Ritz couldn't contain himself anymore as he let his tears of happiness leak threw.
"Uuhhhh, my heart," he stated, placing his hand on his chest. "You two are just amazing." He whipped away his tears as he addressed the crowd. "And I hope the rest of the City will be joining me tonight in awarding these two love brides the infamous Lifer award at the rage dome, tonight!!!" The audience roared with cheers, but Calypso and Veneer didn't hear a single word. They were too entranced in each other's gaze.
"Alrighty you two," Velvet stated, strutting out on stage when the broadcast finished. She placed her hand on her hip, adjusting her security glasses as she stared down at the star stuck lovers. "Time to go."
"Five more minutes sis," Veneer stated, "I'm a little lost in the stars right now."
Velvet rolled her eyes before grabbing her brother's arm and yanking him out of his chair. He let out a small yelp as he landed face first into the floor, causing Calypso to giggle slightly.
"Looks like you landed space cadet," Velvet stated, pulling her brother to his feet by the upper arm. "We have a lot to do before you guys's performance tonight."
"Man," Veneer huffed, brushing off the dust from his crop top. "Who died and made you the boss."
"Co boss," a voice interrupted. Emerging from the shadows, Alistor appeared, his security uniform propionate. "And I didn't die the last time I checked. Now come on you two."
————————————————————————
"Show time in two hours Ms.Gleam," the stage crew manager called as he knocked on the couples door. Calypso gripped the edge of the table as Poppy and Viva decorated her ponytail plait styled hair with various blue, purple and green crystals.
"What's wrong sweetie," Martha inquired, finishing the final touches on cosmic eyeshadow gradient. "Nerves getting the best of you."
"Yeah," Calypso admitted, staring down at her twilight gradient nails. "I just don't want to mess up, this is a big night. I just want it to go perfect."
"Let me tell you this," Martha stated, applying some light blush and red lipstick to Calypso look. "Nothing in this world is perfect. Things will always get in the way..." she placed a small paper towel between Calypso's lips. "Blot please." Calypso closed her lips around the paper towel as Martha continued her words of wisdom. "You and Veneer have been through so many struggles and pit falls, and this city still loves you guys." She placed a gentle hand on her "daughters" cheek as she continued to speak. "You don't need to worry about this night being perfect, because this city has already accepted you and Veneer, faults and all."
Calypso smiled at the woman in front of her. Over this year, Martha has really stepped in as a motherly figure for Calypso. She was especially caring when Calypso and Alistor's grandmother passed away. She would constantly visit, cook, and just be a mother to Calypso and her brother.
She hugged Martha.
"And done," Calypso heard the troll sisters state, jumping onto her shoulders. "What do you think?"
Calypso stood so she could see her outfit all together. Her black platform heels went well with her dark navy corset dress that hugged her small frame nicely. The sparkling gradient of green, blue and purple in her hair made her seem like a shining star. And her makeup made her look drop dead gorgeous.
Poppy and Viva whistled as the watched Calypso reflection. "Dang, I think you are going to have to worry more about killing Veneer during the performance," Poppy spoke, laughing.
"Yeah," Viva butted in, "because you look drop.....dead......gorgeous."

Calypso smiled at the two trolls in the mirror, blushing slightly at their indeering words.
"You don't need to be nervous dear," Martha said, placing her hand on Calypso's shoulder, starting into the reflection. "Because if I know my son, he's freaking out for the both of you."
————————————————————————
"I'm freaking out!" Veneer shouted, wringing his hands together as he paced back and forth across his dressing room floor. Brozone, Alistor and Barry all sat on the couches as they followed the nervous teen movements.
"Come on Ven," John Dory groaned, lying on his stomach. "Your back and forth pacing is making me nauseous.
"And I think you are starting to leave an impression on the floor," Floyd joked, trying to lighten the mood. Only to make Veneer groan in frustration. He walked over to the vanity as he looked into his reflection. He styled his hair exactly like he did when he was going to preform here over a year ago. His white suit hugging his body. His twilight gradient tie was a little off centered. "Uuuhhh," he groaned trying to readjust it, only to turn it into a tangled mess.
"Calm down son," Barry spoke, standing to assist his son. He grabbed the tie as he began to fix it. "There is no need to be nervous my boy. Tell me, how many times have you preformed."
"A lot!"
"And what makes this different?"
Veneer swallowed the lump in throat, unable to get his words to come out. Thankfully Bruce was able to speak for him.
"He's in love!"
"Oh please," Alistor pushed himself from the couch, walking over to Veneer as his father finished fixing his tie. "How many times have you preformed with my Little Storm before."
"A lot."
"And has your love for her changed since any of those performances."
"Of course not!"
"Then," Alistor placed a hand on his "brother's" shoulder. "What's got you so nervous."
Veneer's gaze shifted to the vanity. Alistor'a eyes followed, catching a glimpse of a small box. Then it clicked.
"Well," Alsitor stated, playing dumb. "Just know that Calypso loves you no matter what. And I support your relationship." He pulled Veneer in for a tight hug, hiding the fact he was tearing up. "No matter what happens."
Veneer returned the hug, glad to have his brotherly figures support.
"Oh," Alistor jumped, snapping toward Clay and Branch. "I need the thing."
"The thing," they asked in unison.
"You know." Alistor gestured his head toward a confused Veneer. "The thing!!!"
"Oh." Finally getting the message, the troll brothers pushed a small silver box forward, allowing Alistor to grab it. He turned back to Veneer, a triumphant smile promenate. "I was going to give this to you after the show," he said, handing the box over to the 17 year old. "But I think you would benefit from getting it now."
Confused, Veneer hesitantly opened the box. Then, the tears started coming. There, polished like brand new, was his star bracelet.
"But...but..." Veneer was at a loss for words.
"Asher pawned it off at a shop a couple of blocks from Bop Top studios," Alsitor explained. "I saw it when we were leaving today, so I popped in and got it for you. Guy gave it to me completely free."
Veneer gave Alistor a skeptical look.
"What, I can be very persuasive." Alistor chuckled as he cracked his knuckles. Veneer also returned the chuckle as he took the bracket from the container and securing it back around his wrist. It felt nice feeling the smooth silver against his skin again.
"30 min till show time!" The boys heard the head state manager yell through the door.
"Well," Alistor stated, as he began to walk toward the door. "we better get to our seats." He casted a smile behind his shoulder at Veneer. "We don't want to miss one moment."
Slowly, the rest of the gang made their way through the door. When Floyd was about to exit, he turned to his friend. "I'm proud of you buddy. You really did it. Knock them dead!"
Veneer nodded as the small troll exited. Veneer walked over to his vanity one more time, adjusting his microphone and grabbing the small box, starring at it for a moment before placing it inside his inner suit pocket. "Let's get this show started."
————————————————————————
Calypso and Veneer met on the rise platform, waiting for to be lifted to the stage above. They could hear the crowd cheering with anticipation, making Calypso fiddle with her violin nervously. Veneer smiled down at her, placing an assuring kiss on her cheek.
"You look stunning," he breathed, starting deeply into her eyes. "You look just like a star!"
Calypso smirked. "You don't look half bad yourself, lover boy." She stared back up at the hole in the ceiling, knowing that any minute they will assend to the heavens and give the performance of their lives.
Veneer looked up as well, grabbing his girls hand as he smiled at the hole. "You did it, Star Shine. You showed the world what you got. You made a connection to everyone."
"I couldn't have done it without you though," she spoke sweetly.
Soon they heard Kid Ritz announce, "alright Mount Rageons.." the platform began to assend, Calypso placing her violin on her shoulder. "Let hear it for our main performance of the night. You love them, you want to be them. Give it up for our city's shining stars, Calypso and Veneer."
The crowd errrupted in cheers and applauded as the lights dimmed. They could only see the shilloettes emerging from under the stage. Then, they heard the violin play.

"You know I want you," Veneer sang as the lights shined, reaching out to Calypso. "It's not a secret I try to hide." He stepped toward her, as she stepped back. "I know you want me, so don't keep saying our hands are tied."
The crowd watched in awe as the couple was playing a cat and mouse game on the stage. As Calypso played her violin, she would avoid Veneer's touch, while also staring longly at him. "So what if we rewrite the stars?"He sang as he tried to hug her, only for her to dodge his advances. "Nothing could keep us apart. You'd be the one I was meant to find."
Calypso smiled to Veneer, knowing the meaning behind their dance. They wanted to symbolize their struggles to be together, how they were forced to be apart. Ultimately, coming back together.
Now it was her turn. "You think it's easy." She sang, stepping toward Veneer. "You think I don't want to run to you." She leaned against him as she sang, but when he went to embrace her, she slipped from his grasp. "But there are mountains. There are doors that we can't walk through." They continued to weave past each other, the crowd moving to the edge of the seats with anticipation. During one part of the dance, Veneer leaned over the edge of the circular stage, allowing a stage hand to attach the metal cable to his back.
"How can we rewrite the stars?" Calypso sang, leaning into Veneer, center stage. However, this time he was to grab her by her waist as she finished singing. "Say that the world can be ours, tonight!"
Then, like a shooting star, the couple was lifted in the air, twirling as the sand in unison. "All I want is to fly with you! All I want is to fall with you! So just give me all of you." The did a quick fly over the crowd, causing them to irrupt with cheers. Then, once back on the stage, the couple continued dancing, their bodies never breaking from each other. "Nothing can keep us apart." They sang in unison, twirling in place before Veneer dipped his love. "Cause you are the one I was meant to find."
Veneer tossed his girl, allowing her to spins all the way to the end of the stage as they sang their final verse. "Why don't we rewrite the stars? Changing the world to be ours?"
The crowd roared with applause, screaming the couples names as they gave a standing ovation. Calypso panted, seeing the happy and emotional faces of the crowd. "We did it Veneer." She turned. "We did..." she paused. Right there, center stage, was Veneer, on one knee, holding a small box in his hand. Calypso eyes began to well as she saw his nervous grin. The crowds applause grew silent as the young man began to speak.
"Star Shine!," he spoke softly, never taking his gaze from her as she walked forward. "We have faced many obstacles. We moved through mountains, we walked through the doors we thought we couldn't. We rewrote our stars, even though we thought it was impossible. So, will you do the honor of taking the biggest leap of all." He shallows the lump in his throat, allowing a small tear fall as he opened the box. A small gold banded, adored with a half sapphire half emerald star in the center and two bright white star diamonds paced on either side of the center stone. "Calypso, will you marry me!?"
Calypso couldn't hold back anymore, the tears were flowing. She covered her mouth with her hand, trying to calm a sob that was threatening to come through.
"Yes..." she chocked out. "Yes Veneer, I'll marry you!!" She threw herself into his chest as the crowd roared. The crowd stood as they applauded the twos engagement. Alistor held onto Velvet as they both cried tears of joy. The trolls shouted cheers of approval. Branch, Bruce and Floyd in a tight crying huddle. Veneer tightened his grip on his love as he felt all the happiness in the world come over him. "You have made me the happiest man in the world star shine," he whispered into her ear, before placing a kiss on her cheek.
"Well," Lil Ritz announced, blowing his nose into his pocket square. "That was unexpected. Let's hear it for the new engaged couple folks." Veneer and Calypso rose up, Veneer placing the ring on Calypso's figure before they took their bow. The crowd went nuts. "Kiss,kiss,kiss," the crowd chanted, causing the couple to blush. They looked to each other, before they both locked lips.
"You go buddy," Floyd shouted, causing Veneer to raise a triumphant fist while he kissed his bride to be.