Reaching for Absolute Fuerza

It's been a decade since I discovered the power of magic, and let me tell you, it's extraordinary.

With magic, I can surpass the physical limitations of humans, performing feats like effortlessly lifting massive boulders with a single finger, running faster than any horse, and leaping higher than a house.

But despite my magical abilities, I can't match the destructive force of nuclear weapons. The firepower unleashed by those weapons is unimaginable.

At one point, I even considered forgetting about them entirely, as they do not exist in our world. But settling for less is not in my nature.

As a master puppeteer, I strive for greatness. My next mission is to become strong enough to defeat weapons of mass destruction. I've conducted extensive research and training, and I've found a potential solution which I incorporate into my daily experiments.

In addition to my magical pursuits, I am also born into a noble family that has a long lineage of dark knights. These knights use magic to enhance their abilities and defeat enemies in battle.

However, despite being the rising star of my family... not— I am currently living as an average apprentice. It's imperative for shadowbrokers like me to be extremely selective about revealing our powers, so I patiently bide my time.

Although I know I'm not fully utilizing my potential and taking shortcuts, I've learned valuable skills as an apprentice. Observing how magic is used in battles in this world has been enlightening, allowing me to reflect on my own techniques.

To be honest, the fighting styles in my previous life were far more refined and logical compared to what I see here. Contemporary martial arts battles emphasize efficiency and precision, drawing from various combat schools to create the "perfect" fight. This approach, coupled with adherence to the rules, helps identify the best fighters in any situation.

On the other hand, in this world, fighting techniques are confined to their country of origin.

Cross-pollination of combat schools is non-existent, and certain skills are kept hidden within each nation's borders. Additionally, access to media is limited, so there is no avenue for sharing, rejecting, or improving upon these techniques.

If I had to describe this system in one word, it would be unrefined.

However, there is one fundamental difference between the two worlds: magic. Magic completely alters the baseline of physical performance. For instance, my strength is enhanced to the point where traditional hand-to-hand combat or grappling becomes irrelevant.

Even in a mounted grappling position, I can soar through the air by harnessing my abdominal muscles. If I find myself in an offensive guard, a simple activation of my leg muscles can send my opponent flying.

But beneath it all, there's a hint of... and disappointment.

I feel as though I'm not living up to my true potential. I'm stuck in a world with limited opportunities for growth, and the unrefined nature of combat frustrates me.

However, these sentiments may not be obvious to others, as I hide them between the lines. It's a struggle only evident to those who can read in-between and understand the depth of my emotions.

This is my perspective, and I travel through this world with a mix of determination and a sense of longing for something more.

What is it?

What do I need?

More of what?

...that's right.

I need.