A Questionable Break Before The Action Returns

Have you ever heard of the phrase- "Gaze into the abyss long enough, and the abyss gazes back"-?

There is truth to that, in fact, it's always been true and we all knew that since we heard of it, right? Don't lie to yourself, come on.

Personally, as Shadow, I'd like to think my rule over the Abyss is absolute. Or maybe, I am the abyss, which would be weird cause that would mean I was staring at myself the whole time.

Anyway, recently I've been thinking that maybe the Cult still has some grasps over the abyss. So I've asked myself, How does one assume full control over one thing?

My answer? Make sure no one else does.

The Cult Of Diablos will 𝗙𝗮𝗹𝗹.

...because Shadow Garden is much more aesthetically perfect for the control of the abyss if you think about it.

'/
|
\'

On the rooftop, two students find themselves. The onset of summer is evident.

One is a captivating, hot-to-some, not-to-some, maiden with hair as silver as the mmoonlight. It's Princess Alexia.

Alongside her stands a regular every day motherfucker, his hair as black as a shadow... Cid.

Alexia speaks, "Though it seems like we have resolved the recent incident, I have a feeling there is more to it 𝘭𝘶𝘳𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘴. Iris is readying a special team for dispatch, and I intend to lend my support. We're merely at the beginning of this journey," she comments.

"Balance is key," Cid interjects.

"...I apologize for dragging you into this chaos."

"..it's fine," he reassures her.

A sudden breeze sweeps past them, causing her skirt to flutter and reveal her beautiful alabaster thighs a bit. I bet the visualizers among you readers are having a blast. 𝘏𝘰𝘸'𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘸?

"The heat is unbearable up here. Shall we move inside?"

The relentless midday sun casts long shadows from their feet. The distant hum of cicadas permeates the air.

"Hold on. There are two things I need to express."

"Here?" Cid inquires.

"Here," Alexia affirms, squinting up at the cerulean expanse above. "Firstly, I want to thank you. You tried to get me to like my swordsmanship, didn't you? I know my appreciation is belated, but it means a lot."

"...Think nothing of it. I just sorta liked it, and I didn't want to see it go to waste, that's all."

"I've come to appreciate it myself, not that I'm giving you full credit for it, but you can choose to imagine it that way."

"Did you have to add that last part?"

"It's the truth."

Their eyes meet, his being the first to avert.

"Well, if you've grown to love your sword skills, then I'm happy for you," Cid comments.

"I am too," Alexia replies, her face lighting up with a smile.

"And the second thing?"

"We've been playing pretend as a couple until now. But with Instructor Zenon's demise in the recent incident..."

"I'm released from my obligations, then."

"I have a suggestion, though," Alexia begins, visibly struggling to find the right words.