The Clock Ticks Slowly As Your Death Approaches

Sherry Barnett, 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘚𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘉𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘵, was completely engrossed in deciphering the peculiar pendant-shaped artifact, oblivious to the chaos unfolding around her.

As she picked it up and examined it closely, her light-pink eyes narrowed in curiosity and surprise.

"This... can't be," she muttered, her focus unwavering as her pen swiftly danced across the paper. 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘳?

The explosive sounds and hurried footsteps in the hallway failed to register in her awareness.

Perplexed by the commotion, Sherry finally tore her gaze away from the artifact and questioned, "What's going on?"

"Someone is attacking the school," came the grave response.

"Be careful, you can't use magic," another voice cautioned.

Even the conversation between two knights went unheard by Sherry. Lost in her own world, she couldn't comprehend the magnitude of the situation. Her mind was consumed by the enigma of the relic, overshadowing everything else.

With each stroke of her quill, Sherry's determination to unravel the truth grew stronger. Her light-pink eyes held a glimmer of hope, as if they were inching closer to discovering something profound.

Suddenly, a man clad in jet-black crashed through the window of the lab, sending shards of glass flying. Sherry's face was grazed by the fragments, causing a momentary shock.

"What the...?!" she exclaimed, startled by the intrusion.

"Who dares to disrupt our sanctuary?!" the knights bellowed, drawing their swords.

The stinging sensation on her cheeks finally snapped Sherry back to reality. "Huh? What's happening?" she gasped, clutching the artifact tightly and seeking refuge under her desk. As she touched her cheek, a small trickle of blood stained her hand.

"I am Rex, the Game of Betrayal, from the infamous Shadow Garden," the intruder declared, his voice dripping with contempt. "This artifact is nothing but a nuisance."

He tossed aside his mask, revealing a man with disheveled red hair and a sinister laugh. Sherry couldn't help but shudder at his presence.

"You're the Shadow Garden I've heard so much about..." one of the knights spoke with a mix of determination and concern.

"I may not know your motives, but attacking the school won't go unnoticed," the other knight warned.

Rex chuckled darkly. "Oh, but that's not my concern. Obtaining the artifact is all that matters. You can struggle and resist all you want."

His piercing gaze fell upon the knights. "Do you know where it is?" he demanded.

"We have no knowledge of what you speak," they replied, their voices firm.

Rex's smile widened. "Your faces tell me otherwise...!" he taunted.

As tension filled the air, Rex's overpowering magic engulfed the room. Sherry stifled a scream, crawling towards the door in sheer terror.

"Who shall be the first to feel my wrath?" Rex's eyes scanned the room hungrily.

"Let's start with the girl," he decided, vanishing into thin air.

In that moment, Sherry realized he was right in front of her. She let out a piercing scream, bracing herself for the worst.

"Farewell," Rex hissed, preparing to strike.