Trinity of Entanglement One

ZANE

ZANE

What the hell was I thinking, talking to Annalise like that? My brain is so far in left field right now. I never knew she was attracted to me. Other than Xillon and Jarek, I consider her to be one of my best friends. And I don’t have friends who are girls. She never shies away from telling me how it is. Especially with me being an arrogant asshole and a man whore. Will I change my ways for her? Hell no, I love to fuck more than anything else.

My only hope is that she plays it off as me just joking around with her, but I was being serious. Overhearing their conversation had my body and mind doing some crazy ass shit that has never happened to me before.

Annalise isn’t the type of person who I would fuck and push aside. Therefore, there’s no way I could touch her in that way. I don’t have girlfriends. There’s no point because in a year I’ll find my mate. Why get attached to someone, when you know more than likely you won’t end up with them in the end?

With Annalise, it could never just be plutonic. It would be messy in the end and I couldn’t bear to hurt her in that way. Annalise is the type of girl that if I weren’t a male wolf shifter, I would settle down with her and become a one woman man. But I am a male shifter, so I could wish all day long that she’d be my mate and in the end get my heart smashed in when she winds up with someone else.

No one will know what her wolf was originally born to become. Whether Omega, Beta, Alpha or what until she shifts in two days. They will induct her into the pack as an Alpha female, so in the end, it really doesn’t matter what her wolf was born to be. But I can see her winding up with an Alpha. She’s Luna material through and through, and I’m merely a gamma wolf. That doesn’t make me inferior, not at all, but not worthy of a woman with such a pure heart, like Annalise’s.

I’ll need to apologize to her for being so forward with her and let her know that she and I could be nothing more than what we already are. She’s like a sister to me, even though I have three already, and like I said before, my best friend. One of them anyway. I could never do anything to damage our friendship. And if we had sex, things wouldn’t be the same. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself afterwards.

The basketball I was chunking against my bedroom wall while being lost in thought bangs me in the forehead, when I’m startled back into reality by someone pinching my side.

“What the fuck?!” I yell as I yank my air pods out and go in for an attack, just to stop mid blow when I come face to face with Annalise with her arms folded over her chest.

“I knocked several times, I might add. I knew you were in here because I could hear the damn ball banging against the wall. You didn’t see me walking up to you? Men,” she says, rolling her eyes, walking over to my bed and making herself at home.

“Sorry, I have a lot on my mind. I honestly wasn’t even paying attention to the music playing in my ears.”

“Oh, anything you would like to talk about? You know I’m a superb listener and sometimes I even have some good advice to go along with all of that listening.”