── 𝟎𝟕 ── "𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞."

"You, out now."

Kang Yeoreum stormed out of the class, with Jun staring at her silently. Seeing her not pay any attention to him when coming into class seemed to struck as a blow to him.

He felt that Yeoreum was now no longer his. Not to say she was his possession but rather that her eyes which had always followed him around, now followed someone else. Such a blow confused the brown haired boy as he was unable to understand how he felt about it.

Was it jealousy?

And if so, as what?

As a friend?

Or more?

Dohyun had headed for the door which shut behind the short haired girl, the corner of his lip raised ever so slightly. His jumbled up thoughts which seemed to swirl around his head like a never ending hurricane finally came to a stop with only one thing echoing loud and clear.

"She still wants to talk to me."

Clearing out his throat the boy followed Yeoreum until they both found themselves at the school's garden. It was now the middle of April, and with spring in full motion, the red camellias had begun to bloom.

"Dohyun..." the short haired girl stopped in her tracks and spoke in a low voice, slowly turning around to face the taller boy behind her.

Dohyun, not knowing what was to happen, took a slight step back, "Your glare could cut through stone."

Silence followed as the pair stared at eachother for a while. For some reason, Dohyun couldn't understand why he felt the need to explain himself to her. He didn't want her to think that he was happy she was caught up in rumours.

Did he become too close to her? He didn't want to do that though. He figured that getting close to people never worked out well for him.

"Lighten up...I never knew they would drag you into it either. It doesn't bother me but I know you're not used to it."

Yeoreum continued to look at the dark haired boy, biting the inside of her cheek when she sighed. "It's not like I didn't expect it anyway. But I realised for the first time today how dangerous rumours are."

A small smile escaped Dohyun's lips as he stared at the girl in front of him. He couldn't tell what she was thinking. He was sure that she would beat him up for the fact that she got dragged into his rumours, after all he was certain that it's what any other girl would've done.

"Is that a smirk or a smile? I can never tell with you." The short haired girl scoffed, leaning back into the brick wall stood behind them.

"What is it you wanted to tell me?" Yeoreum continued, staring at the camellia flowers in front of them. Her question was followed with  no answer and so she turned around to look at the boy next to her.

"What is it??"

"I don't know what you mean..." Dohyun played dumb, hoping to get a reaction out of the short haired girl. She was one of the only things keeping his school for entertaining at the moment. He couldn't help but wonder how to tick her off next.

"You like irritating me don't you?"

"How did you know?" Dohyun perked his brow, a sadistic smile forming across his face.

Yeoreum clenched her fist and raised it in the air before puffing a breath of air out of her mouth. "Forget it. I'm the stupid one for taking you serious."