Chapter 50

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 50

“…Ah.”

At Juliet’s unexpected response, Gray wore a puzzled expression.

“Don’t you know? The Duke of Carlyle, Ruler of the North. Isn’t it famous even in the capital?”

Juliet smiled without a word.

Lionel had told her that all her cousins knew about Juliet was that she used to live in the capital.

“No. You’re right, he’s famous.”

“But why did you react that way?”

“Just, I was a bit… surprised.”

Juliet forced a smile.

“Right. We were a bit surprised too.”

Gray pondered for a moment, rubbing his chin.

“Since it’s the Duke’s family wedding, the other party must also be from a great family, but so far, there’s no word about which family the bride comes from.”

“…”

Of course.

The woman Lennox Carlyle would take as his wife would be a woman from an unknown family with no known status.

And Duke Carlyle would forbid even her name from passing through people’s lips.

Unlike someone who didn’t care and ignored it, even when they were picked on.

“Juliet?”

When Juliet, with her head down, didn’t speak for a while, Gray carefully called her.

“Juliet, did I make a mistake?”

Gray tilted his head, wearing a worried expression.

“…No, it’s me, just give me a moment. I need to get something I left behind.”

Juliet hastily made an excuse and quickly left.

After a bit of aimless walking, she ended up in front of the carriage where her luggage was.

Without thinking, Juliet swung open the carriage door and began to look for her luggage.

She reached for her belongings in an unconscious state, unaware of what she was doing.

The neatly arranged bag soon became a mess, but it wasn’t as messy as Juliet’s mind.

‘A wedding.’

In the Carlyle family, there was only one person of age to have a wedding.

How many days had passed since she left the capital? A week? Ten days?

With whom? With Dahlia?

Knock knock.

At that moment.

Someone knocked on the carriage door from outside.

“Juliet? Are you in there?”

“Yes!”

Juliet quickly wiped her cheeks and took a deep breath before opening the carriage door.

Helen, with a worried expression, was standing there.

Behind Helen, Gray was peeping in, wearing an anxious expression.

It seems that the worried Gray had rushed to tell Helen about it.

“Juliet, are you okay?”

“Yes. I just have a headache and was looking for some medicine.”

Juliet nonchalantly smiled and shook the small pillbox in her hand. The pills made a clattering noise as they hit each other.