Chapter 94

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 94

It had already been a week since he rushed back to the Duke’s castle.

Lennox stared down at his hand, which had turned black, or where his hand used to be.

With blurred vision, he slowly examined his hand for a long time. Only upon seeing his familiar skin tone and its return to its original shape did he drape a robe over his naked body.

The children of the Carlyle family are born with magic from the moment they are conceived in their mother’s womb.

“Like a dirt.”

Some were even born in non-human forms.

When sacred power was forcibly injected into a body born with magic, a violent rejection reaction occurred.

The two powers were completely different and couldn’t be mixed.

As he tied his robe, Lennox thought it was fortunate that Juliet didn’t see him like this.

Even for a calm woman who fears nothing, she might have been terrified seeing this. The scene of the skin morphing, even temporarily, wasn’t a pleasant sight.

Seeing it directly might have evoked pity or guilt, maybe even tears.

‘Juliet.’

He occasionally recalled the sound of her voice, suppressing a cry of shock or fear.

“I’ll go back.”

He wondered what expression she wore when she said that.

All the while since his return to the palace, Lennox was curious about Juliet’s expression, about what she might be thinking.

According to reports he heard on the way up from the capital, Juliet had been staying at the Count Monad’s residence.

Would Juliet have been relieved not to be ensnared by such a man? Or maybe…

Lennox lightly clenched his hand, which had returned to its normal shape.

His vision was slowly returning.

However, at the same time, he was experiencing something strange.

He rarely dreamed.

‘A side effect of the treatment?’

But recently, specifically since he started the forced injection of holy power, he began to have a peculiar recurring dream.

Rather than a dream, it felt more like glimpsing someone’s memories.

The dream was always the same.

In it, he would walk somewhere and stop in front of a door. Inside the open room sat a woman.

But before he could see her face, the strange dream ended.

‘Was she crying?’

He never heard crying, but for some reason, he thought she might have been.

Waking from the dream, he couldn’t shake off a strange feeling…

Lennox glanced outside the window.

The place in his dream was this place, Duke Carlyle’s residence in the North. Familiar surroundings, a familiar bedroom.

Lennox became curious about the identity of the crying woman inside.

At first, he thought it might be Juliet, but he couldn’t recall any such memory.

Knock knock.

“Your Highness, these are letters from the capital.”