3

As soon as Kyle Stanton returned to his office, he went to his Floo. Tossing in a pinch of Floo powder, he watched as the flames turned green. Putting his head in, he called out the destination of the call.

"Gringotts Bank, Office of the Potter Family Account Manager!"

A moment later, he was looking at a very unamused goblin.

"What is your name, and why do you need to speak with an Account Manager, wizard? I assume you are capable of coming into the bank in person."

"My name is Kyle Stanton, and I am a solicitor, Account Manager. I assume I am speaking with the Account Manager for the Potter Family?"

"I am Krogund, and I have been the Account Manager for the Potter family for the past four generations. Why do you need to speak to me? My time is valuable, and I do not usually see someone without an appointment."

"Well met, Krogund. My business is simple. I believe I have found discrepancies regarding the Last Will and Testament of James and Lily Potter and need to discuss them with you. Their heir, Harry Potter, may possibly be at risk. That possibility is so far a speculation of mine, and with your help, I may be able to either prove or disprove that possibility."

"And what discrepancies do you believe you have found?"

"The Potter will has been sealed by Albus Dumbledore. As there are no official seals from the Minister of Magic or the ICW, it is my belief the will has been sealed illegally. My office is the solicitor of record for the Potters. Regardless of the will being sealed, my office should be able to locate our copy in the file. It is obscured, both in the file summary, and the will itself. I saw a young boy being shaken today while moving into my new home. I want to make sure that the child is not Harry Potter before alerting muggle authorities."

"You may step through, Kyle Stanton. Please bring all relevant paperwork. Gringotts will assure confidentiality remains intact for everything that is not the Last Will and Testament. I will give you an hour of my time."

"Thank you, Account Manager Krogund."

Making sure the Potter file was in his hand, as well as the sealed file he had just received at the Ministry, Kyle stepped through the Floo into Krogund's office. Briefly bowing his head in respect, he approached the desk.

"I would see the sealed file first, Mr. Stanton. However, before we do that, I must verify you are who you say you are. Your wand, please."

Slowly, Kyle pulled his wand from his sleeve, reversed it, and held it toward the goblin handle first. Briefly passing a hand over the wand handle, Krogund nodded, and then tapped a small symbol on his desk. Shortly, a piece of parchment came through the desk. Scanning it, he looked again at Kyle.

"Very well, your identity has been verified. The sealed file for the Last Will, please."

After handing the sealed will to Krogund, Kyle watched closely. He didn't want to get on the wrong side of the Gringotts goblins. Krogund waved a hand over it, then took a small phial from his desk, and then placed five drops of the potion within the phial on the folder. Shortly, the folder was surrounded by a sickly yellow light. Krogund's eyes narrowed.

"You are correct, Mr. Stanton. The wills of James and Lily Potter were indeed sealed illegally. One moment while I summon the Gringotts copy."

Krogund tapped another symbol in a pattern; five, seven, three, nine. A moment later, a document came from his desk. A low growl sounded from his throat.

"The same magics that obscure your copy also obscure the Gringotts copy. Both have the same signature as the seal on the folder from the Ministry. Please wait while I contact my superiors."