chapter five

!! trigger warnings !!

- sexual assault (not rape)
- murder/violence
(heavily depicted) ^^

——————————

COLE

My little raven runs pretty fast, even with those heels. I admire her from afar as she dashes through the tombs, so hauntingly beautiful.

She looks like a ghost with that gorgeous, midnight black hair and that pretty little wedding dress which sparkles with the raindrops.

She stops as she reaches the golden gates, looks over her shoulders, and I swear I almost stop breathing with how devastating she looks.

I can almost taste her emotions. The saltiness of her tears, caused by her fear of me and the ghost of her melancholy followed her around.

Her black mascara runs down her cheeks from the tears and rain, and I clench my fists at the fact someone had made her cry before me.

She said she wasn't married. I knew for a fact she had run away from her wedding, I just wanted to know why.

But, for now, my main focus is finding out who she is and why she came here.

A smirk lifts my lips. She should've never caught my attention. Maybe if I were a better person, I would feel some sort of pity for her, but oh well, pretty girls like her shouldn't be wandering in places like these during these hours.

I'm just glad I found her instead.

I play the scene in my head of her face when she finally realizes what kind of human being I truly am—a murderer, a criminal, not the kind of person she needs right now.

She will need me though.

I keep my stare focused on her. The nude colour that was painted on her lips—supposedly for her wedding—is coming off, revealing her naturally reddish, plump lips.

I can't help but feel the urge to bite them until they bleed prettily.

I have a feeling—no,—I know for a fact she would look beautiful with crimson smeared all over her pale, almost ghostly flesh, and tears of pain and pleasure cascading down her cute and rosy, ample cheeks.

God, I am insane.

I wait until she is fully out of the gate, and will not be able to see me in the shadows while I follow her.

I stalk quietly. I creep up behind her, about a few feet away. Being a killer for the majority of my life, I've learnt to walk silently, even in forests where there are branches and twigs everywhere. It takes a certain amount of patience and dedication.

I follow her as she walks on the pavement, I don't know where she is going, but she seems like an upper-class woman with the fancy way she talks and even dresses.

Yet, she is heading into one of the bad streets of New York.

I hope she knows what the fuck she is doing.

She seemed really out of it and dazed still whilst I was talking to her. Whatever happened must have fucked with her.

Adding on with the fact she knows she just met a killer? Yeah, that's gonna mess with her head.

She crosses the street and I was correct when I saw how horrible the street was.

My jaw ticks with the memories of my childhood, living and being raised in places like these as a child.