Thalia becomes an arsonist

The hunters filed into the van first, cramming into the back so they could be separated from Apollo and the campers. Bianca followed suit, leaving Nico behind which Evangeline was a little worried about but Nico didn't seem to mind.

"This is so cool!" Nico jumped up and down in his seat, a wide smile visible. "Is this really the sun? But isn't Helios and Selena the sun and moon gods, if so why is it sometimes you and Artemis?"

"Downsizing," Apollo shrugged.

Evangeline turned back to the other three who were giving her looks. "What?" She asked.

Grover laughed. "Evangeline, since when did you even start flirting with people."

"I wanted to see if he would blush," she said. "and he did so that means I'm awesome."

Meanwhile Apollo was still ranting to Nico. "Blah, blah, blah. That's why I'm awesome. Make sense?"

The younger boy shook his head. "No."

"Of course it does," Apollo grinned to himself.

"Can I drive?"

"No. Too young."

"Oo! Oo!" Grover raised his hand.

"Mm, no," Apollo said. "Too furry."

"Daughter of Zeus!" Apollo cried. "Perfect for driving!"

"Oh, no," Thalia shook her hands quickly. "No, thanks I'm good."

"C'mon," Apollo gave her a sweet smile. "How old are you?"

The raven-haired girl hesitated. "I-I don't know."

The sun god tapped his finger against his lips. "You're fifteen, almost sixteen."

Thalia froze. "How did you know that?"

"Hey, I'm the god of prophecy. I know stuff. You'll turn sixteen in about a week."

"That's my birthday! December twenty-second."

"Which means you're old enough now to drive with a learner's permit!"

"Uh-"

"I know what you're going to say." Apollo held his hand over his eyes dramatically. "You don't deserve an honor like driving the sun chariot."

"That's not what I was going to say."

Evangeline did not trust the girl who was a tree not even a year ago to drive them safely back to camp.

"Don't sweat it!" Apollo beamed at the former tree, his eyes twinkling. "Maine to Long Island is a really short trip, and don't worry about what happened to the last kid I trained. You're Zeus's daughter, so he's not going to blast you out of the sky."

Thalia attempted to continue protesting, but the god had already hit a button on the dashboard as a sign popped up in the windshield. "Take it away!"

Finally, the raven-haired girl sat down as Evangeline clenched her jaw, preparing herself for the worst.

"What's wrong?" Percy asked as he made his way towards Thalia.

"Nothing," Thalia spoke shakily. "N-nothing is wrong," she pulled back on the wheel causing the bus to lurch upward, sending the son of Poseidon crashing into the brunette.

"Slower!" Apollo yelled, a nervous smile forming.

"Sorry," Thalia quickly apologized. "I've got it under control!"

"Thalia," Percy called. "You need to loosen up."

"I've got it, Percy," the girl gritted her teeth as she floored it.