Cold greetings and meetings

The Underworld was something that Evangeline always found peaceful even if it was where people's souls would end up when they died but this time it was more or less chaotic. Let's see when she comes back home she got into an argument with Hades then she stayed in her room for two whole days.

Then on her birthday Hades came by her room and wished her a very cold and bland happy birthday he had gotten her something but he wasn't telling her what it was so it meant one thing A: He was going to kill her, or B: he was going to kill her. But to her surprise, he did neither of those options.

"What's going on?" The brunette asked following after her father.

The god didn't respond instead he kept walking to the balcony.

"You're going to kill me aren't you?"

"Evangeline, I am not going to kill you." Hades sighed as he closed his eyes.

"Yeah, right," she scoffed earning a glare from her father. They finally reached the balcony where Hades ordered two dead soldiers to get the 'thing'.

"Is it poison?" Evangeline asked looking to where the skeletons left.

"Evangeline," He warned. The soldiers came back with a large crate.

"Open it," He said as the soldiers left. "Go on."

She hesitantly opened it and was scared to death when a Doberman head popped out. "A hellhound?" Her eyes wide as she took in the dog in front of her.

"Yes, for your anxiety, that is what Persephone told me you have."

"You got me a therapy dog?" She patted his head.

Hades didn't say anything instead he just watched the interaction between the two. "There now you can get over the whole situation."

She shot him a look as she kneeled in front of the dog to take in its appearance. The dog licked her hand. "Sam," she whispered.

"You're naming the hellhound Sam?" Hades arched a brow.

"Yeah," she shrugged.

Hades let out an annoyed sigh. "Of course you are." He grumbled.

"Thanks," She got up turning to him, looking him in the eyes she hadn't done that since she had come back. "For the dog, not for the lying."

"When will you understand I did it to protect the three of you." He spoke sternly. "I did what I had to, to keep you safe." He walked out leaving the girl and the hellhound out on the balcony.

The hellhound looked up at Evangeline. "Come on, Sam," she spoke softly walking out and motioning for the dog to follow along as well.

Till summer the dog was with her 24/7 looking for Nico, she hadn't given up on him she wasn't going to. She was going to find Nico di Angelo and bring him home. Sam comforted her during some panic attacks she had over the months, she was silently thankful for Hades getting her the dog. But she was still mad at him. She hadn't spoken to Percy a lot since iris messaging from the Underworld was complicated and she kept forgetting because she got so caught up in finding Nico.

Summer had finally arrived which meant she could go back to camp, she was painting Sam on a stool completely aware of her father watching her from her door frame.

"You know you can't keep standing there, keeping an eye on me." She turned her head towards her father she wasn't in her usual clothes she was in a dark green spaghetti top with dark blue jeans and a black denim jacket, the white streak in her hair braided.

"Why are dressed like that?" He asked stepping inside the room.

"Going back to camp." she shrugged, she hadn't told him about the thing with Percy since she knew he would threaten to obliterate Percy.